TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Touch up gun

Default Touch up gun

I'm looking to invest in a mini gun to use at work for solvent base Standox paint. Don't want to spend huge dollars on one looking for suggestions? I've heard good things about the astro euro is there any current users? Is there something else out there that's good that wont break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by xchaser View Post
    I'm looking to invest in a mini gun to use at work for solvent base Standox paint. Don't want to spend huge dollars on one looking for suggestions? I've heard good things about the astro euro is there any current users? Is there something else out there that's good that wont break the bank.
    I have a supplier that just took on a new like of spray guns and dropped off several for me to check out. I've been using the mini gun for several little projects and it works quite well. The Pneutrend guns come in several models and this is their mini gun that sells for $195. (at this time) and reminds me of the older Sata Mini Jet guns. I've been spraying low and medium solids clears and it handled both quite well. If you want to order the Pneutrend you'll need to call 1-888-485-5008 because I haven't put it in the store yet but it should be in there sometime late next week.

There is also the Sharpe Finex 1000 mini gun. I haven't used it but it appears to be well made for $122.50 at this time.

Then there is the DeVilbiss Startingline Gun that sell for $96.25. I don't know much about this gun, we have sold a few but have had no feedback.

Those guns look exactly like the protek brand guns that have been around for a long time.For the money they actually perform pretty good( I have one for primer and a mini gun that I use for bumper spot ins etc) and hold up to a fair amount of abuse day to day in a shop.They are by no means the same as a high end gun but for limited budgets they work .

Look and see how the gun bodies are identical http://pro-teksprayequipment.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by typicalcarguy View Post
    Those guns look exactly like the protek brand guns that have been around for a long time.For the money they actually perform pretty good( I have one for primer and a mini gun that I use for bumper spot ins etc) and hold up to a fair amount of abuse day to day in a shop.They are by no means the same as a high end gun but for limited budgets they work .

Look and see how the gun bodies are identical http://pro-teksprayequipment.com/index.php
    Yes, I would imagine that a lot of Asian companies copy guns like the Sata Mini Jet and sell them at a reduced cost.

Also I guess I should put a couple of the better mini guns that I use and like. The Sagola Mini is an excellent gun. I've used it quite a bit since I got it about 6 months ago and it's definitely the best mini gun in my collection at this point. Of course it sells for more than the previously mentioned guns, it's $322 at this time and comes with a DeKup adapter and cups.

Another really good mini gun is the DeVilbiss SRi Pro. I've been using this gun for a couple years and it does an excellent job. This is a slightly larger mini and can be used for slightly larger jobs when needed. At this time it sells for $305.95.

Thanks for all the options Len, just going to keep doing my home work for the minute before I decide. I'm probably even leaning towards the iwata lph80 which can be had on eBay for good prices

Love me some Sagola mini!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I may be able to have another Group Purchase Special in August which will feature the Mini and other Sagola guns. I'll know more in a couple days.

Man I sould buy another 3300 Pro with a huge tip for slick sand. Maybe it would help save me some hours of sanding. Spraying the tub on a 70 Olds 442 W-30 in the morning.

Default Sagola group buy

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I may be able to have another Group Purchase Special in August which will feature the Mini and other Sagola guns. I'll know more in a couple days.

Please keep everyone informed if the group buy materializes.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by spray cowboy View Post
    Please keep everyone informed if the group buy materializes.
    Thanks.
    Right now it looks like there will be three models that will save $50 on each model. This will extend from August 5th until August 31st. The guns will be delivered around Sept. 10th.

We take orders during August but don't charge the credit cards until Sept. 1st.

The sale will include the Sagola Mini, the 4100 GTO and the 3300 Pro. Exact prices are yet to be determined but I should have details by early next week.