TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: airvantage problem

Default airvantage problem

I have a 6" 3/32 airvantage from the store here. I ordered another backing plate for stick on paper, instead of hook loop. I ordered a standard 5/16 thread because that's what it said it was. But the 5/16 threads are a bit big. Looks more like 1/4" of so. Does that make any sense, could something have changed?

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    I have a 6" 3/32 airvantage from the store here. I ordered another backing plate for stick on paper, instead of hook loop. I ordered a standard 5/16 thread because that's what it said it was. But the 5/16 threads are a bit big. Looks more like 1/4" of so. Does that make any sense, could something have changed?
    Nothing has changed most DAs have the same 5/16" thread. Is it an AirVantage pad or is it something else like 3M? I use them all on my AirVantage sanders and they all fit.

Thanks. I'm not sure of the brand, but it's not 3m. It was cheap. It was labeled 5/16 but I am thinking maybe it wasn't really 5/16.

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    Thanks. I'm not sure of the brand, but it's not 3m. It was cheap. It was labeled 5/16 but I am thinking maybe it wasn't really 5/16.
    Don't force it or you could screw up the threads on the sander. Buy a "good" backing plate.