TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: My new project

Default My new project

well i went and found another project to do..i got this for $200.00 because the owner couldn't get it to run. I towed it home and found the fuel line ruptured so i fixed it and it started at the turn of the key.

there is some body work to be done on it

it needs rocker panels also and im taking it to a frame shop to make sure the frame isnt bent. may be getting in over my head on projects but for that price i couldn't pass it up and i do have time, its not like this has to get done tomorrow.

Rick

My little brother just picked up one of those blazers. Nice little rigs. I was really impressed with it. Yeah straight frame is a necessity. If it needs to much, junk it and you will easily get your money out of it. Should be easy to have it patched back up for 500 doing the work yourself and shopping smartly for parts. Around here a good shape blazer is running 2,500 plus depending on miles and rust.
    Avid collector of rust!

Hopefully it wont have any rust on it when im done, if the frame checks out..everything here depends on that. Its going in thursday so we will see. I did notice one thing while i was underneath it. the front diff has the tabs broke off of it and is just sitting there.. i got a new diff lined up for 50.00 if the frame is straight.

Rick

That's a nice car. If you know what to do you can fix it for small amount of money. Make sure you buy good quality parts. I just get old BMW and spend $2000 for parts and I can say working very well. I have bought most of the parts on ebay or from the shop. Now I have nice car. Well done. You should add images when its finishedp.s As a new user I'm not sure if I can add images of my car.
    Last edited by Daniel Morton2; 03-29-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Morton2 View Post
    That's a nice car. If you know what to do you can fix it for small amount of money. Make sure you buy good quality parts. I just get old BMW and spend $2000 for parts and I can say working very well. I have bought most of the parts on ebay or from the shop. Now I have nice car. Well done. You should add images when its finishedp.s As a new user I'm not sure if I can add images of my car.
    Yes, once you become a member and can post then you can add pictures.
    Click in the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the message box and follow directions...img icon2.jpg