TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Question about scotch bright pads?

Default Question about scotch bright pads?

Would scuffing single stage paint with gray scotch bright be enough to clear over?

Quote Originally Posted by kcode View Post
    Would scuffing single stage paint with gray scotch bright be enough to clear over?
    It may work and it may not depending on the color. It's usually best to use a fine sandpaper like 1000 to 1500 wet paper. Scuff pads tend to leave an uneven scratch which could work over a light/solid color but with a darker color or a metallic you may see some of the deeper scratches.

Default Sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by kcode View Post
    Sometimes while scuffing with a gray pad the surface appears to show more gloss than scuff. I use my sanding block over the scuff pad and get the result I'm after. Try it and see what you get.

Henry

I already tried it with the 1000 and sanded through. I have a problem that the top white color is single stage and the bottom is BC/CC. I tried sanding the white single stage and then was going to tape off, shoot green and then clear all of it, BUT it's sanding through on the corners too easy. I'm thinking of just scuffing the white and then tapping it off, shoot green and clear.

When I do the body, I think I will do as discussed before and just clear over the white, scuff up it a ways, cover, shoot green, uncover white and reclear it up aways.