TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Single stage paint and more orange peel?

Default Single stage paint and more orange peel?

I usually don't spray single stage, but on the 21 window VW bus I'm doing, I'm shooting it on the inside. I have more orange peel with the single stage and was wondering how I could get it to lay down a little better? Do you thin it out much? It's not much worse than the stock paint was, but still not happy with it? Any suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kcode View Post
    I usually don't spray single stage, but on the 21 window VW bus I'm doing, I'm shooting it on the inside. I have more orange peel with the single stage and was wondering how I could get it to lay down a little better? Do you thin it out much? It's not much worse than the stock paint was, but still not happy with it? Any suggestions? Thanks
    You want to be using a gun that atomizes well. We usually spray single stage with the same gun we use to apply clear.
    You want to use a reducer that works best at the temperature during your spraying. Over-thinning the paint is ok as long as you don't overdo it.
    If you end up with a little too much peel you can machine polish to help lessen the texture.

Thanks Len. I reduced it some and it laid out like glass.