Thread: Twist lock slide hammer

Default Twist lock slide hammer

I have a el-chepo chicago electric stud welder, and it works alright. But the slide hammer is junk, I have looked and looked, where do you find the twist lock slide hammers? I can't get this cheap one to even hold on to the studs. Thanks.

Default pullers

T he only one I know of that makes the twist chuck for nails is Dent fix, 1-800-523-1751. I have a dent fix maxi and an eagle 11. which both have the rod to slip through the pull lever to pull dent with. I took the twist chuck from my dent fix spot welder slide hammer and put a 3/8 bolt through the lever and hung an eye bolt withthe twist chuck on it. You have more control pulling nails than with a slide hammer HTH Vipond

I have the same Chicago gun and I had to make a new head, as mine wouldn't hold the thinest stud. The reason is, when they've cut the slot the cutter went too deep. I'd guess that's why I got it cheap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
    I have a el-chepo chicago electric stud welder, and it works alright. But the slide hammer is junk, I have looked and looked, where do you find the twist lock slide hammers? I can't get this cheap one to even hold on to the studs. Thanks.
    That's one of the reasons that I purchased and sell the HS Unispotter. The 5500 and the 9000 come with the twist lock hammer. The 4500 comes with a less expensive slide hammer but even that one works with all the studs.

I picked up a T-handle cam-lock puller, cut off the "T" part of the handle, welded the rest to a nut that fit the el cheapo screw in type slide hammer/dent puller.
    It has worked great for the last 5 years in a commerical bodshop environment. I recent picked up the unispotter 5500 set with the good twist-lock dent puller at my local pawn shop.