TheCoatingStore.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 89 F-350 Frame off resto

They did coat pretty well. One part has a cracked area and really needs to be replaced. The other plastics have a lot of "cuts" or scuffs on them. It is amazing though how much the painting evened them out. I'm anxious to get them installed, but I've got to finish up some wiring first.

Looks like the Sagola mini extreme has around a 4 oz cup. 9oz of de kups would be a nice cup size. I had to fill the cup more frequently than I would have liked.

-Jeremy
    Avid collector of rust!

Default I agree

I agree with Len. They look good from here. The other thing too is, once installed, you'll never notice them for any flaws. They will blend with the entire interior just fine. How often do we look at trim pieces like those, unless they are directly in front of us?

Good job.

Henry

Well I got a lot of interior stuff installed over the weekend. I finished up tons of misc stuff on the interior and then got the carpet installed and started reassembling the interior. I'm using the tan seats I picked up for it for now. I plan to recover them in leather in the future. My wife was out there helping me install the seats and running the impact to tighten up the cab bolts.

Power mirror wiring ran (truck didn't have power mirrors originally)
    Speaker wiring ran
    cab bolts tightened down good.
    Power lumbar wiring ran
    Seatbelts all figured out.
    etc. Lots of misc stuff

IMG_4191.jpg
    IMG_4197.jpg
    IMG_4203.jpg
    IMG_4202.jpg
    Avid collector of rust!

Then after we got seats and seat belts installed we took the truck to the lake and went swimming. On the way home we got stopped by the town cop. When he ran our plates they came back to a white truck. He asked how long we owned it and then turned us loose. I was concerned cause I had just installed the brake light switch 5 minutes before we left for the lake and never checked to see if I had tail lights. I also had a blinker that seemed flaky. And probably other infractions he could have hit us with.

I still have lots to do like bed line the bed, finish the interior, bed line the bottom of the cab and install some flares. Oh and I need to get some wheels bought.

-Jeremy

IMG_4205.jpg
    Avid collector of rust!

Default Why?

Why do you think the prick ran your plate in the first place?

The truck looks good and glad, you guys took on a maiden voyage for some R&R. Amazing, all the crap involved in the interior, wiring, dash, behind dash and everywhere else.

If that cop saw what we saw, all the work you did on that truck, he would be a bit amazed.

Better get that color changed at DMV. We could do that on line. See if you can. If so, print a copy of any acknowledgement and stick it in the glove box. Cop had no idea if your plate was stolen, the truck was stolen or both.

Looks good.

Henry

No clue why he ran our plates. My buddy at work said they have camera's that automatically run plates as they drive around. I saw him run through the parking lot at the lake.

Yeah I've got to give the courthouse a call about how to get that color changed.

-Jeremy
    Avid collector of rust!

Well I got the truck finished up enough to use. The Interior is all reassembed, but the door panels still need painted and reupholstered. The seats still need reupohostered also. And I need to finish two-toning it. So lots to do, but it's all weekend warrior stuff now. Oh and there are a couple gremlins to fix. Nothing big though.

We used the truck to go camping this last weekend. We had a great time and overall the truck did well. Mileage was a little low, but power was reasonable. We went 300 miles round trip towing our "camper". The a/c worked pretty well. But I think I could use some window tint and possibly some more insulation to keep the cab cool. Cools better than my 93 regular cab though.

-Jeremy

camper1.jpg
    Avid collector of rust!

I'll bet the mileage was low, that's a lot of metal to move down the road. Let me guess.... 12 MPG?

Glad to see you using and enjoying it, that makes it worth the effort.

Mileage was more like 8. I was hoping more like 12ish. I'm blowing a lot of black smoke when I pull out so I'm thinking some more engine tuning will get the mileage up while keeping the power. Overall though I'm OK with it. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than a 50K newer truck with low miles or 20K for a newer truck pushing 200K miles.

I'm going to run this unit across the scale though as I'm interested to see what it weighs. I may be way heavier than I think.

Your absolutely right though. "finished" or not it's really nice to be using it.

-Jeremy
    Avid collector of rust!

Default Oh, what a feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by junk View Post
    Well I got the truck finished up enough to use. The Interior is all reassembed, but the door panels still need painted and reupholstered. The seats still need reupohostered also. And I need to finish two-toning it. So lots to do, but it's all weekend warrior stuff now. Oh and there are a couple gremlins to fix. Nothing big though.

We used the truck to go camping this last weekend. We had a great time and overall the truck did well. Mileage was a little low, but power was reasonable. We went 300 miles round trip towing our "camper". The a/c worked pretty well. But I think I could use some window tint and possibly some more insulation to keep the cab cool. Cools better than my 93 regular cab though.

-Jeremy

camper1.jpg
    Really glad for you. Lots of work, long winters, lots of time and to think:

photo%202.jpg

Henry

Yeah too long!!! And it's not "done"!

I ran the truck and trailer across the scales. Hit 15,620. so with people and coolers I'm easily hitting 16,000. So maybe my mileage isn't that crazy. So this truck and this trailer are both really heavy. I'll run the truck on the scale by itself and see what it weighs later.

-Jeremy
    Avid collector of rust!

We've pretty much just been using the truck. It's been doing well. No big issues. Regarding mileage and towing power I've been playing with the fuel injection pump. I increased the fuel feed rate and timed the pump. Definitely had more power after turning up the feed rate. I haven't pulled with it after timing it, but the black smoke I was seeing is largely cleared up. Black smoke means unburnt fuel so that's definitely not good for mileage. And I'm not fond of looking like all the kids running around in daddy's diesel smoking out the town.

I picked up a topper for the truck that I'll color match some time. I also pulled the "camper" trailer to pick up a 1928 Model A 4-door leather back. Dad picked it up at auction for $250 with a title. I couldn't believe it. Figured it would go for 1,000 just because of the title. All the wood is completely gone, but the body is one of the nicest I've seen. There is virtually no rust. I think it needs to be turned into a Phaeton type car. So no roof. We'll see what gets done with it. We used my bobcat to pickup the modelA. Both the bobcat and the model A fit inside that enclosed trailer. I'm guessing we were right around 21,000lb with truck and loaded trailer on that trip.

Yeah don't mind the weeds. The "parking" area got away from me this year. Need more roundup and gravel.

Funny thing when getting the modelA. Loaded the bobcat night before all was good. Of course when moving the model A around we sprung a good leak on one of the hoses. Luckily it was for the tilt so we could still drive and lift without dumping fluid. That would have sucked to be sitting at a guys house with a dead bobcat. And his was stuck in the mud out behind his barn.

Thanks
    Jeremy

modelatrailer.jpgmodela4door.jpgtopper1.jpg
    Avid collector of rust!