TheCoatingStore.com
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sagola 4500 Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by solidecho View Post
    I own a Sagola 4400 that I use for base coat but it has a clear coat tip so I want to buy a new tip. What's the difference between Aqua and HVLP tips? And how will it improve my performance for solvents? Also, my gun say Carworx on it, do all of them say that in this continent?
    The RXT03 HVLP air cap is mostly for base coat spraying the AQUA is for waterborne bases. We use the RXT02 Compliant Cap for spraying clears and single stage urethane.

Default len?

how much nicer is the finnish between the Sagola 4500 xtreme and the Tekna when you spray clear Len?
    i am looking at buying a new gun. i would like something that is a higher end gun. i have a plus that i got from you and am happy with it.
    not a lot of orange peel with it but it would be nice to maybe step up now.
    Last edited by thestartershop; 06-21-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thestartershop View Post
    how much nicer is the finnish between the Sagola 4500 xtreme and the Tekna when you spray clear Len?
    i am looking at buying a new gun. i would like something that is a higher end gun. i have a plus that i got from you and am happy with it.
    not a lot of orange peel with it but it would be nice to maybe step up now.
    The 4500 may atomize a little better and it's a little slower while the Tekna is a little faster and has a wider pattern. You can't go wrong with either gun, it's all a matter of getting the type of performance that you like best.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The 4500 may atomize a little better and it's a little slower while the Tekna is a little faster and has a wider pattern. You can't go wrong with either gun, it's all a matter of getting the type of performance that you like best.
    len,in your opinion(honest)are these 2 guns in the same category?i have a tekna already.but i am also in the market for anoher gun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shop View Post
    len,in your opinion(honest)are these 2 guns in the same category?i have a tekna already.but i am also in the market for anoher gun.
    Like most guns both the 4500 and the Tekna guns have their pros and cons. The Sagola really atomizes more finely than anything else I've used but parts are only available from one warehouse distributor and may be difficult to get from your local supplier but we deal directly with the importer so you can always come here for parts. Beside atomizing great the 4500 is machined so well that it needs almost no gaskets or seals which are usually the weakest part of any spray gun.

The Tekna is the top of the line DeVilbiss and it is warehoused and sold all over the US and many other countries. If parts are ever needed they are available almost everywhere. The Tekna is an excellent gun for the money and produces professional results for a very reasonable price. Another great feature of DeVilbiss is their support, they have reps that are available by phone if you should have any problems with their products. Most Tekna guns are sold with two fluid tips so you're getting a lot of usable range of paint products with each gun. I've been using the Tekna Copper, Quick Clean and Pro Lite and find that they all produce the same excellent results.

HEY SAGOLA SPAIN YOU HAVE A PM

what cfm does the clear coat version of this gun use?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shop View Post
    not even close im returning a tekna prolite today,this sagola is hands down best ive tried so far,i literally experienced jaw dropping results...

Thats interesting,I did not find the sagola very impressive at all.I found it to be pretty slow but I do mostly larger jobs.What tip size were you using in the prolite style?

Default I'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    not even close im returning a tekna prolite today,this sagola is hands down best ive tried so far,i literally experienced jaw dropping results...
    Didn't you say in a recent post that the Tekna ProLite was the best you ever used?
    I don't remember the thread.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Didn't you say in a recent post that the Tekna ProLite was the best you ever used?
    I don't remember the thread.

Henry
    actually i really liked the quick clean prolite had alot more overspray..

and that was said cause i didnt know any better..

still gonna keep the quickclean for base and use the sagola for clear,till next month then ill order another sagola for base and a mini and a primer gun...

once youve drivin a rolls royce you never wanna go back to a ford focus or even worse a supernova/dodge neon..

truthfully i expected the supernova to spray like this sagola,what a dissapointment that p.o.s. was..

this gun will honestly spray like glass (if you block it with 500 first of course)..

prolite specs,te20 cap 1.3 tip..

Maybe try a 1.4,tekna tips seem a little on the small side for what they are.Thats good you found something to work for you,I just didn't see what all the hype was with the sagola after trying one.

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post

still gonna keep the quickclean for base and use the sagola for clear,till next month then ill order another sagola for base and a mini and a primer gun...
    I'm in the same boat. I still need their mini and primer gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson M View Post
    Maybe try a 1.4,tekna tips seem a little on the small side for what they are.Thats good you found something to work for you,I just didn't see what all the hype was with the sagola after trying one.
    teknas a good gun,but not an excellent gun.. as i stated before and in previous posts quick cleans a good gun prolite has way to much overspray it is a fast gun but doesnt atomize well compared to the sagola id rather take 1minute more with the sagola and skip colorsanding or haveing to add more clear so it can level itself and risk runs as well,imo the teknas just dont atomize anything like the sagola..

i understand some are set in their comfort zone i swore by a plus gun years ago and then the copper/quick clean i got ive left finishes that needed no polishing for many dealer jobs they served me well,but thats just it they were dealer jobs and the cars already had op or when i blended a bumper and cleared the whole panel it would replicate the factory peel more or less but the sagola replicates anything under it to a t it sprays so fine its a perfect match and oversprays way less then the others..

I just use a tekna for sealer and base and a sata rp for clear,the rp is the clear winner against the sagola,I just tried one to see what everyone was talking about.