TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sagola 4500 Xtreme

Default New Sagola 4500 Xtreme

We finally had a chance to use the new Sagola 4500 on a full paint job and we were as impressed with it as we were with the 4400.
    This is the newest gun from Sagola and they kept up their engineering quality and it shows in the paint job it produced for us.

We first sprayed this 69 Corvette with a black epoxy primer using a Sagola 3300 Pro spray gun to seal the surface then we went right back and sprayed our black base and clear using the 4500. You can see by the reflection in the rear deck on the Vette that the paint job had very little orange peel and needed little polishing. It was this paint job that made us decide to put this gun in our store.

In Primer

Orange Peel Free Surface

Finished Product

Link to Sagola Guns

Default Sag 4500

Len, What is the "digital" version? Was looking at the Tekna copper but I like the idea of no soft parts. I'm using a 5hp 60 gal tank setup so I'm wondering if the Sag 4500 w/1.4 cap would be too demanding on my system's CFM? An occasional overall is expected but mostly repair panels..

Len out of curiosity are you still using a Glasurit Medium solids clear on all your jobs??
    I was sure the rep said you could use the 4500 tips and caps on the 4400 so you don't have to buy the new gun,is this true????
    Last edited by Jayson M; 06-14-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
    Len, What is the "digital" version? Was looking at the Tekna copper but I like the idea of no soft parts. I'm using a 5hp 60 gal tank setup so I'm wondering if the Sag 4500 w/1.4 cap would be too demanding on my system's CFM? An occasional overall is expected but mostly repair panels..
    Your compressor should be able to handle either the Tekna or the 4500. The digital Sagola is shown below but I haven't used one myself, I used the non-digital. I don't know if the digital measures in PSI or in BARs, I'm still new at Sagola products.

This is the digital, with the round window that shows the pressure.
    The non-digital doesn't have the round window on the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson M View Post
    Len out of curiosity are you still using a Glasurit Medium solids clear on all your jobs??
    I was sure the rep said you could use the 4500 tips and caps on the 4400 so you don't have to buy the new gun,is this true????
    Yes, we still use the Glasurit Medium Solids on most jobs.
    I think the fluid tips are the same but I don't know about the air caps. I'll give it a try soon and let you know what I find.

I have the 4400 digital version and it displays in bar. I was told that all fluid nozzles and aircaps from the 4500 are interchangeable with the 4400.

Good morning.

The 4500 digital guns we send to US display in psi, and yes, the aircaps are downward compatible, and can be used with the 4400 XTR.

Do they come in chrome or is the new fad to make them in anodized coatings to save money?For those of you who will eventually have to use waterborne base coats anodized finishes are an absolute pain in the ass to clean,I stopped using a tekna copper just for that reason.IMO all guns should be chrome....

Do they come in chrome or is the new fad to make them in anodized coatings to save money?For those of you who will eventually have to use waterborne base coats anodized finishes are an absolute pain in the ass to clean,I stopped using a tekna copper just for that reason.IMO all guns should be chrome....
    Is it just the waterborne that is difficult to get off the anodized? I've been using the Sagola 4400 and 4500, the Copper Tekna and the Quick Clean Tekna and found them all to clean up quite easily but I've been using solvent based products. What are you using to clean off the waterborne products.

Waterborne base coat,colorbuild plus 250 urethane sealer and superior 250 clear have all run through the tekna at one time or another.My waterborne gun is broken down and cleaned after each use with a waterborne gunwash cleaner then once at the end of the day with solvent.After 10 months the anodized coating started to chip off and things just stick more to the coating particuarly waterborne.The copper is a dedicated sealer gun now that gets cleaned after each use with solvent gunwash.I did not notice a difference in the quickclean coating either,it cleans the same as the copper.I much prefer the chrome tekna and my chrome satas....
    Last edited by Jayson M; 06-16-2012 at 02:29 AM.

To save money?...

Sorry, we just use chrome with cheaper models, all professional range is anodized, but if you prefer chrome... just go for a 4100gto or 3300pro, and youŽll save some money also.

That makes absolutely no sense.....

That makes absolutely no sense.....
    Sorry again, I can not help you with that.

If you think than chrome is better than anodize, as rule, you should be happy, no need to pay more for a 4500XTR, or 4400XTR, or 4300XTR, 4200... after decades making anodized professional guns, still no complains about "chip off" or anything similar, but anyway, there are hundreds of cheaper chromed guns in the market to choose one, included most if not all of those nice 10$ chinese guns.

Satas and iwatas have a chrome or nikel finish does that make them a cheaper gun?I think not...I demoed one of your 4400's and did not like it,I will stick with my cheaper made less quality chrome finish sata.....
    Last edited by Jayson M; 06-16-2012 at 05:20 PM.

I own a Sagola 4400 that I use for base coat but it has a clear coat tip so I want to buy a new tip. What's the difference between Aqua and HVLP tips? And how will it improve my performance for solvents? Also, my gun say Carworx on it, do all of them say that in this continent?