TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Astro Pneumatic MM18 Masking Machine

Default Astro Pneumatic MM18 Masking Machine

Anybody got an up close pic of how the tape rollers go on? This thing has been a nightmare to put together. Instructions suck, bolts have curves in them, holes have to be re-drilled. Guess that's what I get for $70

Also how you have the paper/tape routed through the machine.

It's been a few years but I think that's the machine I had a customer complain about so I checked it out and found that it's not designed properly and the tape won't dispense to the paper properly so I stopped selling it. I confronted the importer about it at a national auto body show and he turned around and walked away. But hey, it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    It's been a few years but I think that's the machine I had a customer complain about so I checked it out and found that it's not designed properly and the tape won't dispense to the paper properly so I stopped selling it. I confronted the importer about it at a national auto body show and he turned around and walked away. But hey, it's cheap.

Yeah I tried it the way they said to dispense the tape but it wouldn't work that way. Ended up finding another brand that was similar online and it had a detailed instruction on how to do it all. Even had real pictures. I used their tape routing guide and it works for this one as well.

i have one of these masking machines in my shop...if you need pictures regarding set up, let me know

Petar

I also have this same unit went together no problem

I got that masking station a few months ago, went together and works fine.