TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: House of Kolor Products Quality and Cost?

Default House of Kolor Products Quality and Cost?

I am considering House of Kolor Paint. Out of state distributor. Everything will have to be shipped.
    How does the Quality and Cost compare to PPG and Dupont?
    The car I'm doing will be a custom colored restomod.
    Any experienced advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vettnut View Post
    I am considering House of Kolor Paint. Out of state distributor. Everything will have to be shipped.
    How does the Quality and Cost compare to PPG and Dupont?
    The car I'm doing will be a custom colored restomod.
    Any experienced advice is appreciated.
    Thanks
    I've used it quite a bit. I normally order it from hokpaint.com I feel that it has really good coverage. It mixes 2:1 instead of 1:1 like Dupont, PPG and some of the others. I know alot of people say it is expensive but coverage is great and I find that it seems to be cheaper. I haven't had a chance to do anything with the new Shimirin 2 line though. All of their colors can be mixed to create your own custom color as well. I've done that a few times with their pearls.

Site for HOK stuff online
    Depending on color HOK stuff is cheaper than the PPG Vibrance line by a long shot

http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/Hous...eofkolor2.html
    Last edited by Wydir; 03-26-2012 at 12:37 PM.

This entire car is covered in guidecoated blocked down gray Featherfill G2. What I like about House of Kolor is that their Epoxy primer/sealer is also sandable and comes in a host of colors. I can apply this epoxy over the Featherfill Wetsand Epoxy down to 600 and paint.
    Has anyone else used HOK's Epoxy primers/sealers?

Like their stuff. Yeah I used KPC2f and the mixer,,I forget what it is but it was green when combined. Problem with color is it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. If you like funky colors, go for it. Problem with the colors is when I drive a car with that I feel like I am driving a neon-mobile. But I do like their colors anyway