TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: 115V Compressor/Spray Gun Recommendations Or Keep Fuji Q3?

Default 115V Compressor/Spray Gun Recommendations Or Keep Fuji Q3?

I bought a Fuji Q3 a while back with the thought of spraying a car restoration project I'm working on. I figured it might be the way to go in the hot, humid environment here in the New Orleans area. In other words, I wouldn't have to worry about water or oil in the line. Too, I don't have 220V service in my garage.

Should I stick with the Fuji HVLP system or would I be better off getting a more conventional setup? If conventional, can someone recommend a good 115V compressor/Spray Gun combination? It seems the smaller compressors usually can't provide enough CFM's to use HVLP guns but perhaps someone has had success? I need to spray 2K, sealer and BC/CC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I bought a Fuji Q3 a while back with the thought of spraying a car restoration project I'm working on. I figured it might be the way to go in the hot, humid environment here in the New Orleans area. In other words, I wouldn't have to worry about water or oil in the line. Too, I don't have 220V service in my garage.

Should I stick with the Fuji HVLP system or would I be better off getting a more conventional setup? If conventional, can someone recommend a good 115V compressor/Spray Gun combination? It seems the smaller compressors usually can't provide enough CFM's to use HVLP guns but perhaps someone has had success? I need to spray 2K, sealer and BC/CC.

Thanks
    The Q3 will do the job but the paint won't be as smooth as it would be with a regular high pressure gun. If you apply enough of your top coat with the Fuji you should be able to sand the paint level then polish it to a beautiful finish.

Thanks, Len. Do you have any tips or tricks to get the best possible results from a turbine system and particularly in a warm/hot environment? I know the turbine heats the air quite a bit so I'll definitely need to use a high-temp reducer.

talk to style. he seems to be the guru....
    [SIGPIC]

Thanks, Len. Do you have any tips or tricks to get the best possible results from a turbine system and particularly in a warm/hot environment? I know the turbine heats the air quite a bit so I'll definitely need to use a high-temp reducer.
    The slow reducer is the most important part of the mix. I would probably try to get the paint on early in the morning before the heat of the day hits, this is when the surface being painted, the room and the air temps are usually their coolest. Be sure to allow the first coat to flash well before applying the second and third coats.

Thanks
    With a turbine I have found that if you thin the paint a little more,not more the 10% more.The paint man at parts store told me that.