TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: DuPont question -ChromaBase or ChromaOne

Default DuPont question -ChromaBase or ChromaOne

I'm going to refinish a Chevrolet kodiak truck that will be used for a crew truck for asphalt paving and won't be washed very often other than blown off with a pressure washer at the shop my question is would I be better of going with ChromaOne ss with some clear mixed in the last coat or chromabase and a good clear over it wasn't sure witch one would last better in those conditions. It will be a bright white I'd also like to cut and buff it out how easy is ChromaOne to buff out if you add the clear to it ???

Nice site thanks for any info on this

Quote Originally Posted by ChromaSystem View Post
    I'm going to refinish a Chevrolet kodiak truck that will be used for a crew truck for asphalt paving and won't be washed very often other than blown off with a pressure washer at the shop my question is would I be better of going with ChromaOne ss with some clear mixed in the last coat or chromabase and a good clear over it wasn't sure witch one would last better in those conditions. It will be a bright white I'd also like to cut and buff it out how easy is ChromaOne to buff out if you add the clear to it ???

Nice site thanks for any info on this
    It probably isn't going to make much difference because white won't show slight surface imperfections. However, if you decide to go with mixing single stage with clear you'll probably want more than one coat so that you don't sand or buff through the clear mixture. Also, don't mix more than about 20% clear because it can make the white translucent and cause shadows where the coverage is uneven.