Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: POLISHING,BUFFING,COLOR-SANDING...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH JUAREZ
    Posts
    1,868

    Default POLISHING,BUFFING,COLOR-SANDING...

    WHAT EVER YOU WANNA CALL IT,I HAVE A CUSTOMER BROUGHT ME A 2008 INFINITI FX35 TO PAINT DRIVERS DOOR FIXED A FEW BULLET HOLES AND COMPLETE PASSENGER SIDE SIDE SWIPED BROUGHT IT IN LAST FRIDAY8PM PICKED IT UP BODYWORK DONE AND PAINTED THE NEXT DAY10PM BROUGHT IT BACK TODAY FOR COLORSAND AN BUFF AFTER SANDING IT ALL DOWN THE GUY COMES BACK 2HRS LATER SAYS WHAT THE HELL YOU BEEN DOIN WHY ISNT MY CAR READY YET ALL YOU HAD TO DO IS POLISH IT,LOL...

    NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY THEY NEVER UNDERSTAND..

    GUESSS HES GONNA SAY ITS NOT SHINEY ENOUGH EITHER,THIS IS ONLY COMPOUNDED..


    HERES SOME BEFORES AN AFTERS..






  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Style, what do you charge for that repair?
    And in what part of the country?
    Just curious

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH JUAREZ
    Posts
    1,868

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by TR3_Nut View Post
    Style, what do you charge for that repair?
    And in what part of the country?
    Just curious
    elpaso texas, i charged 800 done in one day used vortex waterbourne base coat for perfect match and crosfire plus 5020 cc.. finish one 2k primer dried with infra tec and rage gold filler..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    26,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by style View Post



    elpaso texas, i charged 800 done in one day used vortex waterbourne base coat for perfect match and crosfire plus 5020 cc.. finish one 2k primer dried with infra tec and rage gold filler..
    So you repaired a spot on the fender both doors and the quarter hen painted the side for $800? In my shop that would have been about $3K or more. I'm could trailer cars from NJ to TX, have you fix them and trailer them back and I'd make a pretty good buck.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH JUAREZ
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    So you repaired a spot on the fender both doors and the quarter hen painted the side for $800? In my shop that would have been about $3K or more. I'm could trailer cars from NJ to TX, have you fix them and trailer them back and I'd make a pretty good buck.

    All with no short cuts, good materials and the bodywork is perfectly straight.... all in one day!lol..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    26,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    All with no short cuts, good materials and the bodywork is perfectly straight.... all in one day!lol..
    One day? Hmmm....I could even go out to dinner, get a hotel room and come back the next day and pick it up. Paid vacation. Yeh man, that's what I'm talkin about.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Thanks Style. Amazing the difference in costs between various parts of the country.

    Pat

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH JUAREZ
    Posts
    1,868

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by TR3_Nut View Post
    Thanks Style. Amazing the difference in costs between various parts of the country.

    Pat
    tell me about it i need to move somewhere else,im tired of eating ramen noodles and vienna sausages..

    maybe ill just become an exotic dancer,that always seems to pay well no matter where you go..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    244

    Default

    No videos of you danceing please Style LOL. Did you use a stud welder or how did you get the metal close enough to use filler ??
    Bitterness of a poor quality job long remains after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,030

    Default I'll take your word for it...

    Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    All with no short cuts, good materials and the bodywork is perfectly straight.... all in one day!lol..
    because I was younger too. I remember the all nighters, the drive and the need to make more money. That's a really nice job and in a day!
    It's a wonder insurance companies don't do what Len thought of and transport work to you. You saying no place in your area can get close to the going rate for a job like that or is it because it's you and your setup?

    As for the ungrateful customer, next time do the bodywork and take the car to Macco for a complete paint. Henry

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH JUAREZ
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Painter View Post
    No videos of you danceing please Style LOL. Did you use a stud welder or how did you get the metal close enough to use filler ??
    I pdred what i could and drilled about 15 tiny holes,i threw my studwelder away awhile back after melting a harness and deploying a side airbag on a lexus..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH JUAREZ
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    because I was younger too. I remember the all nighters, the drive and the need to make more money. That's a really nice job and in a day!
    It's a wonder insurance companies don't do what Len thought of and transport work to you. You saying no place in your area can get close to the going rate for a job like that or is it because it's you and your setup?

    As for the ungrateful customer, next time do the bodywork and take the car to Macco for a complete paint. Henry
    we do have larger shops here that if it was an insurance job would get paid retail on it but since this car was salvage from nj this was dealer work,and dealers never pay they think i charge high because 90% of the bodyshops in town would only charge 600bucks and use nason and never buff it out right bodywork would be crooked etc,the way i see it i used 200 in materials and had nothing better to do since i beat all my xbox games so for me after materials an shop rent i have no problem makein 500 in a day..

    so yea, the car is from nj,so the owner already has the same idea as len..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    WHAT EVER YOU WANNA CALL IT,I HAVE A CUSTOMER BROUGHT ME A 2008 INFINITI FX35 TO PAINT DRIVERS DOOR FIXED A FEW BULLET HOLES AND COMPLETE PASSENGER SIDE SIDE SWIPED BROUGHT IT IN LAST FRIDAY8PM PICKED IT UP BODYWORK DONE AND PAINTED THE NEXT DAY10PM BROUGHT IT BACK TODAY FOR COLORSAND AN BUFF AFTER SANDING IT ALL DOWN THE GUY COMES BACK 2HRS LATER SAYS WHAT THE HELL YOU BEEN DOIN WHY ISNT MY CAR READY YET ALL YOU HAD TO DO IS POLISH IT,LOL...

    NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY THEY NEVER UNDERSTAND..

    GUESSS HES GONNA SAY ITS NOT SHINEY ENOUGH EITHER,THIS IS ONLY COMPOUNDED..
    I HATE dealing with people like this. You want to take the time and do something right and there is always someone to criticize. It doesn't matter how good something looks they will always find something wrong.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Don't get me wrong what you did on that fx looks good, but with little to basically no cure time. All that bondo and primer will shrink big time two months down the road. But I guess u get what u pay for.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH JUAREZ
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprayputty View Post
    Don't get me wrong what you did on that fx looks good, but with little to basically no cure time. All that bondo and primer will shrink big time two months down the road. But I guess u get what u pay for.
    Not when it was applied correctly kind sir,your concern is appreciated..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •