TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Shot gun shells

Default Shot gun shells

If you are restoring an older car that requires you cutting off one or both quarter panels be VERY careful when it comes to cutting the lower rear section of the quarter panel. On a couple different jobs I found live shot gun shell laying down in the bottom of the pocket where the trunk floor extension/lower rear quarter panel meet. Most of the older cars were pretty much open in that area where you could reach down from inside the trunk and make sure that area is clean before you start cutting. But some cars don't have enough room to reach in that area but enough room for a shot gun shell or a road flare to roll into.

Just one more thing to be careful about when doing bodywork.

I never thought about shells. Poisonous spiders here too.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    If you are restoring an older car that requires you cutting off one or both quarter panels be VERY careful when it comes to cutting the lower rear section of the quarter panel. On a couple different jobs I found live shot gun shell laying down in the bottom of the pocket where the trunk floor extension/lower rear quarter panel meet. Most of the older cars were pretty much open in that area where you could reach down from inside the trunk and make sure that area is clean before you start cutting. But some cars don't have enough room to reach in that area but enough room for a shot gun shell or a road flare to roll into.

Just one more thing to be careful about when doing bodywork.
    WOW.. You just took me back about 30 years.. I remember my dad cutting the quarter panel off a 66 Chevelle and watching shotgun shells fall to the shop floor while he was working it. I sure miss watching the old man work his magic..

that reminds me of what happened to me over 50 years ago i was fixing some rust on a pickup cab. i found some little firecrackers under the seat. i put them in my shirt pocket and kept working. a spark from my torch set them off, i came out of that shirt in a hurry.