TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New here... accurate estimate?

I don't see how you could stick to an estimate on damage like this, until it is disassembled there is no way you could stick to it. Not unless of course you added a bunch of stuff like the bumper reinforcement and then if it is found not damaged remove it from the RO. Other than pumping it way up, there is no way it could be locked in.

The hood hinge for instance is certainly damaged, along with the upper apron reinforcement!

Brian
    Last edited by Phil V; 02-06-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: sorry Brian, I hit the edit button instead of the reply button

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    I don't see how you could stick to an estimate on damage like this, until it is disassembled there is no way you could stick to it. Not unless of course you added a bunch of stuff like the bumper reinforcement and then if it is found not damaged remove it from the RO. Other than pumping it way up, there is no way it could be locked in.

The hood hinge for instance is certainly damaged, along with the upper apron reinforcement!

Brian

Brian, thats why I suggested she get a signed affidavit saying that the cost of repairs will stay at the price listed on the original estimate. There is no way that shop can do that job for $700 and still make a profit (unless they have a used toyota sitting there as a donor parts car cost free).

Brian, thats why I suggested she get a signed affidavit saying that the cost of repairs will stay at the price listed on the original estimate. There is no way that shop can do that job for $700 and still make a profit (unless they have a used toyota sitting there as a donor parts car cost free). Just paint labor, body labor and materials is more than $700. (for the other guys - ) keep in mind that the painter will end up painting more than half the car -
    whole front end and the two front doors in order to get a decent paint match.

I would say the price is low because I live in a small town and it is ran by a old man who I would say is in his late 60's. His shop has been here a very long time and I have had recommendations to go to him.

I say go for it. Thatís probably the best situation youíre going to run across if you donít have someone in the family that will do the work for free. Recommendations from people you know are great. None of us are able to give an accurate assessment because we can only go by the words you type and if you inadvertently over state or understate something then our advice gets distorted by our understanding of your words.

For myself when I read your first post I envisioned a much more serious accident. Some of us may think you hit an 8x8 steel IĖbeam that holds up a massive Interstate highway information sign. Now I feel it may have been more like a 4x4 wooden post drilled out at the bottom for easy breakage. Anyway, go with what the guy that looked at the car says.

Bob K

Default I agree with Bob K...

Quote Originally Posted by casey011 View Post
    I would say the price is low because I live in a small town and it is ran by a old man who I would say is in his late 60's. His shop has been here a very long time and I have had recommendations to go to him.
    Should have jumped on this deal long time ago (don't let this guy get any older). If the guy has been there for a long time in your small town he must be doing something right and there must be people you could ask. Just get a time agreed to when IT WILL BE DONE. Let us know the results. Henry

An OLD man in his sixties, now I'm pissed.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    An OLD man in his sixties, now I'm pissed.

Brian
    That's funny Brian, "old man in his sixties". That is probably half or more of us bodymen here on this site.

[QUOTE=Phil V;195272]That's funny Brian, "old man in his sixties". That is probably half or more of us bodymen here on this site.[/QUOTE

Yep, 60's just doesn't seem like that "old" anymore.

Brian

Mooch is offline I guess you've noticed I DON'T HAVE A CLUE

[QUOTE=MARTINSR;195273]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    That's funny Brian, "old man in his sixties". That is probably half or more of us bodymen here on this site.[/QUOTE

Yep, 60's just doesn't seem like that "old" anymore.

Brian

Brian you haven't hit sixty yet ? If you have time does fly .

Mooch

Because it's right around the corner, you are way to literal Mooch.

Brian

I was quoted for $700. Includes realigning the frame, new hood and fender, all painted. Here's a picture:

Attachment 8387
    Welcome to the forum