Thread: 1975 MGB Restomod - Long and Windy Road

Default 1975 MGB Restomod - Long and Windy Road

What have I gotten myself into? The original plan was to do a quick flat black rattlecan job and replace the ugly rubber bumpers with earlier chrome bumpers. I took off the side trim then decided to remove another part and since that was done, why not do this, and that, and also this, and...

IMG_6356.jpgIMG_6357.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBritishCar View Post
    What have I gotten myself into? The original plan was to do a quick flat black rattlecan job and replace the ugly rubber bumpers with earlier chrome bumpers. I took off the side trim then decided to remove another part and since that was done, why not do this, and that, and also this, and...

IMG_6356.jpgIMG_6357.jpg
    Well, there isn't much more you need to take apart.

That looks like a fun project,its good you kept going. Rattle can black wont do that car justice. Mike

Go ahead a get a gallon of epoxy.....where are we and why are we in this hand basket....eeehhhhh!!!
    You are well on your way bud. I like looking at pictures!
    [SIGPIC]

I am making some progress. I welded up the reverse lights, recessed the license plate, made filler sections under the taillights to blend with the new bumpers, and welded up the two seams in the rear of the car. I have never picked up a welder and have never done any extensive body or metalwork before this project so this is quite the learning curve. I am quite pleased with the results so far. It is exactly as I envisioned and it is not going to need much filler at all.

BEFORE
    before.jpg
    ==========
    IMG_6716.JPG
    -
    IMG_6730.jpg
    -
    IMG_6732.jpg
    -
    IMG_6788.jpg
    -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBritishCar View Post
    I am making some progress. I welded up the reverse lights, recessed the license plate, made filler sections under the taillights to blend with the new bumpers, and welded up the two seams in the rear of the car. I have never picked up a welder and have never done any extensive body or metalwork before this project so this is quite the learning curve. I am quite pleased with the results so far. It is exactly as I envisioned and it is not going to need much filler at all.

-
    Quite an undertaking for someone with no experience. Nice job!

Oh no you went and done it know. Frenched headlights, channeling, and shaved handles might soon be in your future. Cool car and looks to be great welding work. Cant wait to see more.

Not much progress to date. I recently bought a house with a 900 square foot dedicated garage/workshop but not much money or time left to work on the car!