TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 63 Vette finally painted!!

Default 63 Vette finally painted!!

autobodytech43 Guest

looking good!

Yes, it looks good. Are you going to sand and polish it? How many coats of clear?

I have three coats of clear on it. I hope to sand an polish it on Monday. Any tips?

I was about to leave the paint booth after clearing it the last time and I turned around to see bug fly right into the hood. It may need sanded and another coat of clear put over it, not sure till after I try to sand it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kcode View Post
    I have three coats of clear on it. I hope to sand an polish it on Monday. Any tips?

I was about to leave the paint booth after clearing it the last time and I turned around to see bug fly right into the hood. It may need sanded and another coat of clear put over it, not sure till after I try to sand it out.
    Did you get the last email we sent out on sanding and polishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Did you get the last email we sent out on sanding and polishing?
    Yes, I just finished reading it. Thanks for the info. I usually do hand sanding, but have thought about doing it my machine. I like the pad cleaner too, I use things I have in the shop to clean my pads lol.

The Vette is 99.5 % done

When you see it in person, YES it was lol

When you see it in person, YES it was lol
    Love the split window Vetts. Nice job!

Thanks.

I just love the lines on the split window!

Default All those problems...

Thanks.

I just love the lines on the split window!
    I followed what you posted on this car from the bug that landed on the fresh paint. Sure put you to the test but look what you ended up with. Was it helpful to have this site in doing your project? Maybe one reason for a little help and the other just to have some people to talk to.

Anyway, looks great and nice house too. I think 63 thru 67 are the best looking.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I followed what you posted on this car from the bug that landed on the fresh paint. Sure put you to the test but look what you ended up with. Was it helpful to have this site in doing your project? Maybe one reason for a little help and the other just to have some people to talk to.

Anyway, looks great and nice house too. I think 63 thru 67 are the best looking.

Henry
    This site helps a lot. I like having people with experience give me some ideas to work with. Bouncing
    ideas off you guys helps a lot. Thanks

It's my buddies house. He has six early Vettes, 54 (that I will start on in a few months), 61,62,63 vert, 63 split, 65 vert and 69 Mach 1

I have paint the 62, 63 split window and the 69 Mach 1 428 car in his small collection.

Default Beautiful Vette

Very nice car! What engine is in the car? Those 63 split window Vettes are worth a bundle of money, but I'm sure you already know that.
    LS6

Thanks. It has the 327 340 horse engine. They are pretty spendy cars for sure. My buddy is happy with it, so that makes me happy lol