TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever bug bomb a paint booth?

Default Anyone ever bug bomb a paint booth?

Just wondering if anyone has ever bug bombed their paint booth before painting?

Quote Originally Posted by kcode View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has ever bug bombed their paint booth before painting?

I usually close the room and use a fogger to kill everything in the room then, after about an hour, I turn on the ventilation system before pulling any jobs into the booth. You don't want to bomb or fog the room with the work inside.

I spray in a garage and use a spray can of Yard Guard as Len stated...about an hour before I start painting and NOTHING inside.

Personally, there is NO WAY I would put anything like that in a booth. There are WAY too many things that can happen with air borne stuff causing problems like fisheyes. At least that is how I see it at face value without putting any thought or study into it.

Brian

In the late summer months we will hang a couple of fly traps at the opposite ends of each booth and I always have a fly swatter hanging outside the booth just in case.

No problem in South Jersey as we have no bugs .

Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by another2centsworth View Post
    There are pests in south jersey....at least one anyway
    Len and LS6 ? Not nice to talk about the boss like that Tim .

Mooch

I'm close to wet, wooded, humid swampland and I fog around and in my shop several times during the warm weather months. I have one of those propane foggers that does a great job of knocking down flying insects.

I also try to control any light that can attract insects at night during the warm weather months. My windows are covered and when I work at night I keep the doors and windows closed.

I work on a lot of different items at night in my garage when i'm open . I have water all around the place plus a couple of ponds .

Garage can really get hot closed up . So i leave the double doors open and a side door open . All my windows have screens . I use insect screen net on the doors . I also have a propane fogger which i use almost every night .I also keep the air moving with two fans .

I have also found out the smoke from a good cigar keeps bugs away .

I think the time i spend in my garage is what i enjoy the most . I have a fridge and of course a tv and a radio and a coffe pot and a stove all ready to use . Sometimes i even sleep on a cot in the garage .
    Most of my camper friends are motor guys so i always have company and help .

I wanted to build a large metal garage but zoning wouldn't let me so i make do with a old wooden one
    24 x 36 feet .

Mooch

I'm in Oregon, so there are a lot of woods around my house. I just notice that there are small bugs flying around after I heat the booth up and I wanted to eliminate as many as possible.

I'm in Oregon, so there are a lot of woods around my house. I just notice that there are small bugs flying around after I heat the booth up and I wanted to eliminate as many as possible.
    One of the little propane fogers will take care of that problem . I don't paint at this time anymore so i can't tell you about residue but len uses one .

I'm going to build a small booth for my bike parts but that will be easy to keep bug free .

Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
    One of the little propane fogers will take care of that problem . I don't paint at this time anymore so i can't tell you about residue but len uses one .

I'm going to build a small booth for my bike parts but that will be easy to keep bug free .

Mooch
    I'm not sure what one of those little propane fogers look like? Never used one?

I'm not sure what one of those little propane fogers look like? Never used one?
    They normally run between $60 and $70 then you buy the propane canisters and fogging oil separately.

How are they normally used? Never even heard of one before this post. Do you just let them run while you are around them, is that safe?

How are they normally used? Never even heard of one before this post. Do you just let them run while you are around them, is that safe?
    They are safe and simple to use . You light the burner and leave a door open to leave the shop .

No fog will come out until you pull the trigger . Start at the back of the shop and just spray fog as you back out to the door . Just shut the door and give it a bout 40 minutes open the shop and air it a little .

Comes with directions and keeps the bugs out for hours . Pretty neat little tool .

I never did wear a mask doing it but you could .

Mooch