TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DeVilbis TEKNA or Plus Gun?

For some reason Sagola just can't help itself. When I started painting, about a million years ago, I used Sagola guns and stopped using them and went to SATA because of parts availability. Len, you will remember this from when you first started selling the Sagola as I mentioned it then. Now 40 years later the same bullshit. These guys make what I consider to be the best spray guns in the world and they can't find a permanent American distributor. Give me a frickin' break. Optima uses MotorGuard and has for decades and they probably sell twenty guns a year yet parts are no problem. Every time Sagola does this they destroy their goodwill which they should have a lot of since their guns are exceptional.

The Europeans just don't get it. SATA does everything in the world to piss their customers off and Sagola is trying to beat SATA's world standard for customer gang banging. What clowns.

LS6 is offline I have no childish title under MY screen name.

Default Acrylic Lacquer

Overspray said ......... TCP in San Diego sells it as the straight PPG product or you can buy their in-house back room version of it.
    David,
    I knew about TCP Global. The PPG brand of lacquer costs a lot more that TCP's in house " Restoration " brand. If you have tried both, do you think that the PPG brand is that much better than TCP's in house brand? Just wondering. I have used the Restoration brand of lacquer for things like guitar bodies.
    Thanks,
    LS6

LS6: Well they tell me that their TCP Restoration Line is a copy of the PPG down to the toners and the solvents. Not too convinced on that. Had a run-in and be stall around with them this past year trying to color match with the Restoration line. And in all fairness it was a really simple match job. They tried two times and both times were way off. I gave up with them with color matching and the restoration line. The PPG appears consistent. I can get good color matching with the PPG lacquer Line from some Midwest sources.

LS6 is offline I have no childish title under MY screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspray View Post
    LS6: Well they tell me that their TCP Restoration Line is a copy of the PPG down to the toners and the solvents. Not too convinced on that. Had a run-in and be stall around with them this past year trying to color match with the Restoration line. And in all fairness it was a really simple match job. They tried two times and both times were way off. I gave up with them with color matching and the restoration line. The PPG appears consistent. I can get good color matching with the PPG lacquer Line from some Midwest sources.
    Thanks David,
    Jim

Got my Tekna Copper in from Len today, and sprayed some clear with it tonight.

This is the only real high end gun I have ever purchased, so nothing to compare it to, except the finishline 3, can't beleive well well it atomizes and how wide the fan is. Very nice!

I wish I would have read this _before_ buying the Plus gun.
    Havent painted with it yet, but I'm sure it will be better than the crap chinese gun I've used before.

"I get more advice than money"

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo View Post
    Havent painted with it yet, but I'm sure it will be better than the crap chinese gun I've used before.

Don't worry, you'll love it!

Default No sweat...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo View Post

I'm wanting a Tekna to find out what all the hype is about. The fan on my Plus is pretty wide and I'd like to see how the new kid differs. That being said and from what you're using, your new Plus will knock your socks off. Keep it clean and treat it right and you'll love it. Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I'm still carrying Sagola because my supplier has a big stock of these guns and is willing to remove parts from existing guns when they are needed. I do have some communication with Sagola in Spain but I'm not sure if that will translate into better support for their spray guns.

I love spraying with my Sagola and it cleans up easily but because of this warehouse transition I'd recommend going with the Tekna until Sagola gets their act together.

Don´t worry Len, there are guns and parts available in the US, even more than before, we´re not leaving, we´re growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspray View Post

Also, can you use the De Kups system with the Sagola for those acrobatic painting maneuvers? You can with the TEKNA.

So, given the fragile, cliff hanging suspense of the Sagola scenario, leading this gun to be an almost possible $$$ throw-away-gun, perhaps I could score a truly REALLY GOOD deal for Santa on a Sagola from you cause after all, there is that expectation of doing a few jobs with it and then having to toss or shelf it when a needed crucial part pops up right at the worse possible time and you are forced to learn advanced spanish for all the cuss words that will be needed at the time?

David

Yes, there are adapters for dekups, also RPS, PPS, Norton...

I don´t understand what you mean with "fragile"... we´re introducing the brand in your country, and it is normal to have some doubts, but if your fear is to buy a "one use gun" because of parts availability... forget about it, there are and there will be parts, even not being neccessary under normal conditions, as there are no seals, gaskets, or plastic parts in our guns needing service (4400-4500 guns are 100% maintenance free), but if you damage ANY part you can just ask for it, we´re manufacturers, not re-sellers, we design and make all our guns.

P.D.- You won´t really need to learn spanish, but maybe you could give a try, your wife will love it

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N. Schmidt View Post
    For some reason Sagola just can't help itself. When I started painting, about a million years ago, I used Sagola guns and stopped using them and went to SATA because of parts availability. Len, you will remember this from when you first started selling the Sagola as I mentioned it then. Now 40 years later the same bullshit. These guys make what I consider to be the best spray guns in the world and they can't find a permanent American distributor. Give me a frickin' break. Optima uses MotorGuard and has for decades and they probably sell twenty guns a year yet parts are no problem. Every time Sagola does this they destroy their goodwill which they should have a lot of since their guns are exceptional.

The Europeans just don't get it. SATA does everything in the world to piss their customers off and Sagola is trying to beat SATA's world standard for customer gang banging. What clowns.

Hi Dennis, hard words from your side, we are being judged, condemmed, and executed in the same step...

We are far to be trying to piss anyone, much closer to the opposite; the first warehouse was only giving service to the New Jersey area, not even close to our goal, so we moved to Detroit, established a new reps/jobbers/warehouses net all over the country, met many paint manufacturers, went to the NACE to show our new 4500 XTR range... ALL THIS LOOKING FOR A BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE. We´re growing, but reading this post looks like we were moving away from the US...

You know our products, but reading you... will all respect... you´re still far to know us as company, and it will be a pleasure to make you know us better, but not with words, lets let our acts to talk about us the next months.

Take care.

Sorry to hijack teh thread, but as you were asking...

The dekups adapter for 4400/4500 range:

Quote Originally Posted by sagola-spain View Post
    Sorry to hijack teh thread, but as you were asking...

The dekups adapter for 4400/4500 range:

I've been in touch with the Detroit warehouse and we should be online with them in early January. I've been told that they have a huge investment in Sagola guns and parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I've been in touch with the Detroit warehouse and we should be online with them in early January. I've been told that they have a huge investment in Sagola guns and parts.

We have assigned an important budget to the US project this year, and it will be bigger the next. As I was trying to say... we´re not leaving, we´re growing and trying to settle.

Don´t worry about parts, you´re fully covered. Any problem, let me know.

Sagola, thank you for your gracious intervention as it too is appreciated.

So, perhaps I should now rename the main header line query of this post to:
    Teckna or Sagola? Virtues ,Tribulations & Conquests!

So with that said and these new "You heard it here - first" replies from Sagola, what does our community think? Comparing the new generation Teckna to the 4000 series Sagola as described: Price vs. Performance, Quality vs ?

I mean If parts are no longer an issue, do both gun manufactures rock on the same level playing field?