TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: My 72 Chevelle

Default My 72 Chevelle

Here are a few pictures of my chevelle that I have been working off and on since 2006.I bought it in 1995,stopped driving it in 2003,started the panel replacement and bodywork in the summer of 2006.It has been a long road and I have had many stops due to home renos,side jobs,and family life.It will be nice to finally drive it and enjoy it.
    Last edited by Jayson M; 06-16-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Here are a few more pictures.
    Last edited by Jayson M; 06-16-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Nice work Jason. Was there a lot of filler work? Will you need to polish it or is it good as is? Nice booth!

Thanks Len There was quite a bit of work involved,one fender was changed with an original used part,2 nos full quarter panels changed at the factory seams,nos cowl hood,used trunk lid,rear window filler panel.I would have liked to change the driver side door skin but I could not find a nos one for reasonable $$ so I repaired it.I probably had about 250hrs by the time I had it ready to paint.The paint turned out very nice the first time,I was originally going to sand and reclear but it was not needed.I might touch up a couple of nibs but no cut and buff,it will show very nice the way it is.I used sikkens autowave base and sikkens autoclear superior 250 for the clear.This is the newer booth and it works decent but you still have to work a little bit to get a clean job.

This looks sharp, Jayson! That Superior 250 clear, off the gun, really lays out nice, doesn't it? What code is that color on your Chevelle? It looks similar to what I'm going to spray on my '78 Chevy pickup.

Wow nice job. Beautiful color choice. I hope I have the perseverance to finish mine. Let us know what its like to drive it.

thats jam up work love the color

Here is an update of where I'm at now,it's very close to being done.I still need to change the column,do a final nut and bolt,polish a few nibs,and a large cleanup,but it didn't stop me from taking a spin around the block
    Last edited by Jayson M; 06-16-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Sure is Tim,just a borg warner super T-10 4speed,it will be good enough for me.Its pretty tame now with a zz4 350 from the general,and I also changed out the gears to 3:31's,its nowhere near the crazy fun it used to be with a solid cam recport 454 with 4:30's,but I just want a cruzzer now,funny how time changes a guy8)

Very cool! It looks like you got the gaps right. Nice job!

A beautiful car and a really nice paint job. What ever you used for a gun laid it down very nice. Of course there is a lot of skill involved no matter what the gun is. Sata Rp? Iwata?

I know what you mean by changing as you get older. When you are young, a big motor and fat gears is top of the list.

Default Looks great...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson M View Post
    Sure is Tim,just a borg warner super T-10 4speed,it will be good enough for me.Its pretty tame now with a zz4 350 from the general,and I also changed out the gears to 3:31's,its nowhere near the crazy fun it used to be with a solid cam recport 454 with 4:30's,but I just want a cruzzer now,funny how time changes a guy8)
    So glad you frequent this site so much and learned. Told you the 'Plus' gun could do a nice job!!

Seriously, it's a nice machine to begin with and looks great done. You will miss the 4:30 gear. What a hell of kick with low gears. Had a car with 5:38's also.

How come we never have time for ourselves? Related well with your story about how long it took and why. Well you're there now and enjoy the ride. How do you spell HeartBeat? Lastly, when you're alone and get in the car, close your eyes and start it. The feeling of the seat with the turning of the ignition, combined with the sound of the motor is the only link we have with youth and it feels great! Nice job.

Henry

I wonder what happen to the pictures

I'll bet phil v knows.. he knows everything.