TheCoatingStore.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1941 Dodge WC40 Military 4X4

Still shining nice after 11 years. These pics were taken a 2 different shows this weekend. I have never waxed the truck and has only ever been bucket washed with just water.

Default Yes sir...

Quote Originally Posted by kevininohio View Post
    Still shining nice after 11 years. These pics were taken a 2 different shows this weekend. I have never waxed the truck and has only ever been bucket washed with just water.

Kevin, I cannot believe I missed your posting of NEW PICS of (IMO) the most awesome restoration vehicle I've seen and followed in 23yrs on this site.

This "truck" looks as good or better today than back when.

Quite frankly, it looks like "CANDY"!

Where as some people would be jealous of your prize, many members here including me, are PROUD of what you accomplished. I mean you are NOT 'Chip FOOSE' but have exceeded what he has put out.

BE IT KNOWN: YOU are among the ranks of the VERY BEST and "In The Front Row"!!!

Henry

I'm with you Henry, this is one of the all time best restos on this site. Along with BAM and Ronf Kevin belongs in the ABS Hall of Fame.

Thanks Len and Henry. Your kind words mean a lot to me. Just love seeing peoples reaction and the smiles it brings where ever it goes. Thumbs up, horn toots and such just make the day better. I never dreamed something that I had in my head would be like this. I mean, who does a street rodded 4x4? One guy at a show once told me, "It just so wrong but it's perfectly right." One woman gave the best description I've ever heard. She said, "It a life size Tonka truck!".......I'm glad I never grew up!

Default AND !!!

Thanks Len and Henry. Your kind words mean a lot to me. Just love seeing peoples reaction and the smiles it brings where ever it goes. Thumbs up, horn toots and such just make the day better. I never dreamed something that I had in my head would be like this. I mean, who does a street rodded 4x4? One guy at a show once told me, "It just so wrong but it's perfectly right." One woman gave the best description I've ever heard. She said, "It a life size Tonka truck!".......I'm glad I never grew up!
    Kevin, there is another member who followed your build from the early days. When I saw you posted new pics, I copied your link here to share with him. Below is a link with what he had to say:

http://autobodystore.com/forum/showt...551#post427551

You earned it all and then some, Kevin!

Henry

It was mentioned earlier how doing something can inspire people to do their own project and here is a testament to that. I was contact by someone in Australia who saw the truck and decided to make a model similar to it. Here is what he wrote to me:

I've been a model builder for sixty years now, and a hot rodder for fifty, when I decided to build this truck, I wanted something different and when I found your article through Google images, my mind was instantly made up, great job !
    I started building it six months ago, I didn't have any measurements or plans, so it's a stand off scale using the photo's of your truck, the body is fiberglass, I used timber, plywood and foam to construct the plugs for the molds, the chassis is made from 2in x .75in aluminium, with all cross members riveted in like a real truck, the wheels were made from turning a wooden buck, then having a metal spinner, spin up the wheel halves, the tires are a 1/4 scale of 44 in x 15 in x 16 in dia off roader's, the rear end is an industrial drive unit.
    Except for the tie rod ends, radio equip and coil over shock units, everything else is home made using a small lathe and a very old 1934 mill, it's powered by a 26 cc Victa Tornado engine borrowed from a brush cutter and controlled by a six channel radio unit, the rear axle is fitted with 3 in disc brakes, the pads are modified mountain bike pads, I gave it it's first run two day's ago, it runs and handles beautiful.

Regards Phipps

Here are some pics:

Here is a link to a video he sent me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD06...vfPe4D7VcN2EHE

How could one ever dream that something you did would effect someone half way around the world from you and they reach out to tell you about it. Totally blew me away. It's the biggest thing I try to impress upon people that if you have the desire and willingness to learn, you can have things most could only dream of. Use each step as a learning process and build your knowledge base from there. As a friend once told me when something didn't work out on one of his projects, "At least I know what won't work!" It's alot about attitude and Lord knows I took satisfaction from each little piece that was completed to keep me going. Take the little victories to heart and the overall "win" will come eventually. The thing I kept telling myself during the process was I never wanted to look back and say, "I wish I woulda......"

Default Yes sir...

Here is a link to a video he sent me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD06...vfPe4D7VcN2EHE

How could one ever dream that something you did would effect someone half way around the world from you and they reach out to tell you about it. Totally blew me away. It's the biggest thing I try to impress upon people that if you have the desire and willingness to learn, you can have things most could only dream of. Use each step as a learning process and build your knowledge base from there. As a friend once told me when something didn't work out on one of his projects, "At least I know what won't work!" It's alot about attitude and Lord knows I took satisfaction from each little piece that was completed to keep me going. Take the little victories to heart and the overall "win" will come eventually. The thing I kept telling myself during the process was I never wanted to look back and say, "I wish I woulda......"
    That's impressive and the world is proud!

CAN WE GET THIS ONE IN "RED"!!!

This is so cool. You never know how you will change someone's life.
    Take this any way you want, someone once told me that "I may be the only bible someone ever reads" I try to keep that in mind every day in all things that I do.
    Another way, always be willing to try something new, it could become your greatest achievement ever.

Thanks for sharing, this stuff really helps keep me motivated.
    Building my dream one piece at a time.

Default Hmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    This is so cool. You never know how you will change someone's life.
    Take this any way you want, someone once told me that "I may be the only bible someone ever reads" I try to keep that in mind every day in all things that I do.
    Another way, always be willing to try something new, it could become your greatest achievement ever.

Thanks for sharing, this stuff really helps keep me motivated.
    Speaking of, you too are included in the list of special project people posted by Len yesterday.

You haven't posted in quite a while and you have a terrific build underway. When you get a chance bring us up to date. Those of us who pay attention know none of this is done overnight. So much work but so well worth the reward! Stay safe, be well!

Henry