Thread: First experience with this kirker single stage

Default First experience with this kirker single stage

Ok so im looking to paint my dodge wayfarer with this cheaper brand kirker paint single stage metallic. I love the color they have and i bought 2 gals of it, not really knowing what i was getting into as far as difficulty of how the metallics group when you really have to lay it down to get it to flow. My buddy who owns a body shop says hed stay clear of it, you guys here have said the same. Well i had a chance to paint a full car... not mine but a friends 02 chrysler sebring i warned them about some flaws and they were more than happy to let me play... here are the results. a few small grouping runs on the sides and of course the flats are like glass, i used my buddys recently cleaned by me sata century gold. worked great and though im happy with this job all together i wouldnt be happy with it for my classic dodge wayfarer. So iam going to paint all my under/inside areas with this single stage and than color match the paint for a base /clear for the body of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default more pics

heres some more shots
    Attached Images Attached Images

run in metallic...
    guess you will have to reshoot the whole panel huh?
    [SIGPIC]

It has a great gloss.
    Is that Dark Plum Metallic?

no that is not the dark plum, its there burgandy color i forget which one, yes small run but there really happy over all. thks mad57.

Question

Would you believe Black Cherry Pearl, code FM9 Chrysler '89-'94?