TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: SAS Breathing System Hose

Default SAS Breathing System Hose

I have an SAS breathing system that came with a PVC breathing hose. It's difficult to work with in a cold shop. I've contacted SAS asking if I could substitute a rubber hose for the PVC but they don't carry one and could not recommend using rubber since they have no test data on it. Does anyone know of a source for an apporved rubber breathing hose? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnolt View Post
    I have an SAS breathing system that came with a PVC breathing hose. It's difficult to work with in a cold shop. I've contacted SAS asking if I could substitute a rubber hose for the PVC but they don't carry one and could not recommend using rubber since they have no test data on it. Does anyone know of a source for an apporved rubber breathing hose? Thanks.
    Bullard makes an "approved" rubber hose but you would probably need to adapt it to your system.

Default Bullard Hose

Thanks Len. Any idea what constitutes an approved hose. I just took a look at the cost and it seems pretty high but I'm reluctant to take any chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnolt View Post
    Thanks Len. Any idea what constitutes an approved hose. I just took a look at the cost and it seems pretty high but I'm reluctant to take any chances.
    An approved hose probably means many things but I would think that one of the most important is that it doesn't put out toxic chemicals into the air passing through it. This "off gassing" is probably the main reason you should use hose that is made for carrying breathable air. You may be able to find something on Craig's List or Ebay.