TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repair Rear end collision on civic

Quote Originally Posted by SamG View Post
    Sorry, but I gotta jump in on this one...

Anyone who would try to push that POS Honda off on someone for 4995 with anything but ultra-low mileage and clear title should be ashamed.

The car is a light hit and most likely the rear suspension hasn't moved

To think that Merc can be pulled and straightened for $300...I wouldn't do that in your shop with your tools, on your time. To return either of these cars back to pre-accident condition will take several hours. To butcher them...sure.

If I wanted a beater that got 35 mpg sure I'd buy the Honda for about 600 after auction fees, put it on my rack and pull, straighten the rear body panel, replace the rear bumper and decklid, work both quarters and wind up with $1500 in the repair. Drive it for a year or so and sell it for what I had in it.

Here's a pic of what I drive now. I built the truck in 2004 when it had 30k miles on it. It's just about to turn 100k. I replaced the complete left suspension, bumper, fender, LF door, windshield, lower section of firewall on left side, lower hinge pillar, and front section of rocker and floor pan. Oh, and airbags, seat belts and air bag computer.

A porta power and bondo will fix that truck

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    Style, Where ever you're getting your crack from you need to find a different drug dealer, that stuff is making you delusional.

A porto-power to straighten that cars rear damage ???

Do you see in the pictures where both quarter panels are buckled because of frame damage on both side frame rails ? Arepair estimate of $7,000.00 dollars (thats SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS ESTIMATE OF REPAIRS).

The Kelley blue book price on that car with that mileage in GOOD condition is $3,300. That $3,300 IS FOR A CAR THAT WAS NEVER WRECKED WITH A GOOD (NOT SALVAGE) TITLE. The car in question has a California salvage title which cuts its resale value in half.

To the person who posted the orginal message in this thread - That is a REALLY BAD DEAL, do not buy the car. By my figures you would have at least $4,000 into a $2,000 car with a bad (salvage) title. Stay away from it.
    quarters-shmorters. A little bondo here, a little bondo there a little tweaking here, a little tweaking there....good as new.

I don't think that car is worth my time. It's like polishing a turd. If you go salvage find lots of them. The more you have to choose from will be the biggest factor in how much of a deal you get.

Anyone who would try to push that POS Honda off on someone for 4995 with anything but ultra-low mileage and clear title should be ashamed.

To think that Merc can be pulled and straightened for $300...I wouldn't do that in your shop with your tools, on your time. To return either of these cars back to pre-accident condition will take several hours. To butcher them...sure.

If I wanted a beater that got 35 mpg sure I'd buy the Honda for about 600 after auction fees, put it on my rack and pull, straighten the rear body panel, replace the rear bumper and decklid, work both quarters and wind up with $1500 in the repair. Drive it for a year or so and sell it for what I had in it.

Here's a pic of what I drive now. I built the truck in 2004 when it had 30k miles on it. It's just about to turn 100k. I replaced the complete left suspension, bumper, fender, LF door, windshield, lower section of firewall on left side, lower hinge pillar, and front section of rocker and floor pan. Oh, and airbags, seat belts and air bag computer.

Sam, it should also be pointed out that you are a well trained professional body man with many years hands on experience with ready access to all the expensive tools and equipment it would take to put that honda civic back on the road in decent condition. The person who posted the original message in this thread has virtually no experience repairing collision damaged vehicles and no free access to expensive tools and equipment.

On the other hand I'm sure Style could have repaired your F-150 pickup with a glue stick puller and charge the customer $12.50 for labor (no paint work needed because the glue stick puller pulled all the panels back into pristine condition). What a wonderous tool that glue stick puller is and no training in its use is necessary to get professional results.

a few sticks of gum never hurt mcgyver.

1st off,there is no shame in this world only money...

2ndly mercedes looks perfect and it was done in 48hrs including paint(post some pics in a bit)

3rdly that beater with 2k put into it is a 10sec car that gets 38mpg and will whip a ferraris ass like nothing without nos...

as for your truck,sorry to hear you wasted all that time for 12mpg i thought you were smarter then that....
    Phil v is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
    a few sticks of gum never hurt mcgyver.
    you have been working with to many mexicans,down here weve discovered J.B.weld works better an J.B.kwick is even better then that....
    Phil v is my hero.

I don't think that car is worth my time. It's like polishing a turd..
    lets see some pics of what you consider worthy(what you drive),id like to see a polished turd...
    Phil v is my hero.

Pictures lie. I can post some 15 footers that look like ass in real life but they would photograph like a gem. That along with this 48 hours of labor for $300 tells me a story. It says HALF ASS. But if your selling half ass, dont sell it at a high price. sell it as a salvaged half ass beater that it is

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Pictures lie. I can post some 15 footers that look like ass in real life but they would photograph like a gem. That along with this 48 hours of labor for $300 tells me a story. It says HALF ASS. But if your selling half ass, dont sell it at a high price. sell it as a salvaged half ass beater that it is
    You are to funny,speaking of funny in texas there is no salvage titles so no matter where it comes from when its registered in texas it becomes a regular clean texas title...that mercedes looks perfect and is now worth full retail..the only difference between registering a reg car and a salvage car is the salvage one cost 65bucks more to register its first time every thing else is exactly the same...
    Phil v is my hero.

looks like I'm coming to Texas! Let me know if you need a hand sander. I can show you all my rattle can secrets.

Style, sounds like you take great pride in your work. more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
    looks like I'm coming to Texas! Let me know if you need a hand sander. I can show you all my rattle can secrets.
    Thanks but we just got some new electric da sanders that are pretty bad ass,they make trizac way faster...
    Phil v is my hero.

Hey Style, what's not mentioned here is the misunderstanding of salvage laws. You're doing a good thing for yourself and some of the comments left were due to them thinking you were dealing with those laws. I see nothing wrong here. There's a huge spectrum of techs that are in it for different reasons. I just think you care less about pride and the joy of it and look at it from a business stand point. I'm great with the pride and doing good repairs but suck on the business end. Like I said, more power to you....Doesn't mean I'll be buying a car off you anytime soon though.

Hey Style, what's not mentioned here is the misunderstanding of salvage laws. You're doing a good thing for yourself and some of the comments left were due to them thinking you were dealing with those laws. I see nothing wrong here. There's a huge spectrum of techs that are in it for different reasons. I just think you care less about pride and the joy of it and look at it from a business stand point. I'm great with the pride and doing good repairs but suck on the business end. Like I said, more power to you....Doesn't mean I'll be buying a car off you anytime soon though.
    Those that have, surely regret it. (Unless he discloses the facts to the buyer)