TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Blending Dupont chromabase with 19301S blender

Default Blending Dupont chromabase with 19301S blender

Anyone has experience blending Dupont Chromabase paint with 69301S blender?

What is the why you use this blender? Replacing the regular reducer? Or, over-reduce the base paint with it?
    Last edited by stanclub; 08-31-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Default Never used it...

I doubt many jobbers carry it...it is an over reducer of sorts, kind of just a clear binder...

I can't think of a color I could not blend, even in silvers and golds with chromabase...however, I always use a bed of 222 in my blend area as an orientation coat. The orientation coat does make a big difference in the blend area...
    My 2 cents worth...
    Serge

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    I doubt many jobbers carry it...it is an over reducer of sorts, kind of just a clear binder...

I can't think of a color I could not blend, even in silvers and golds with chromabase...however, I always use a bed of 222 in my blend area as an orientation coat. The orientation coat does make a big difference in the blend area...
    What is 222 ?

i use bulldog on some panels especially silvers when blending a door etc..works well so far and at least i dont have to worry bout adheasion issues...
    Phil v is my hero.

I have used the 19301. if you have a difficult silver or gold use it. It isn't anything special. it is just a different type of basecoat reducer. Any Dupont jobber should have it. It is slower and helps with droplet size and metallic distribution.

You use it in place of basemaker