TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Neoterik Air Supplied Respirator

Default Neoterik Air Supplied Respirator

I did a search on Neoterik air supplied respirators and it looks like they are no longer made. I have a deal to buy a used one in good working order very reasonably. My only question is on obtaining consummables such as the inlet air filter part number NP 2727. Fortunately this unit has a few new air filters that comes with it. Can anyone that is still using their Neoterik advise if they have found substitutes for this part and if so, a part number? Can you advise how often this part needs to be changed? Len, it looks like you used to sell these units, but it appears that has been several years ago. The posts on the site seem to be fairly favorable for a reasonably priced air supplied unit.

Thanks for any advice you can share.
    Regards,
    Steve
    New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by slorio View Post
    I did a search on Neoterik air supplied respirators and it looks like they are no longer made. I have a deal to buy a used one in good working order very reasonably. My only question is on obtaining consummables such as the inlet air filter part number NP 2727. Fortunately this unit has a few new air filters that comes with it. Can anyone that is still using their Neoterik advise if they have found substitutes for this part and if so, a part number? Can you advise how often this part needs to be changed? Len, it looks like you used to sell these units, but it appears that has been several years ago. The posts on the site seem to be fairly favorable for a reasonably priced air supplied unit.

Thanks for any advice you can share.
    Regards,
    Steve
    New Orleans
    The consumables no longer exist but I have customers that alter their Neoterik systems so that they can use Hobbyair filters and hoods. From what I hear these people take an old NP2727 and cut off the face then tape a Hobbyair filter over the hole and use the Hobbyair hood in place of the Neoterik hood.

One of the down sides to the Neoterik was that the hose is a lot heavier and unwieldy than hoses on most other systems but we do have people that purchased them and used them satisfactorily. If the system you're planning on purchasing has a couple of new filters with it then it will probably do several paint jobs before you run into problems. Don't forget that ANY breathing system needs to have it's intake in clean air or you'll defeat it's purpose and probably clog the filter quickly and/or destroy the pump and your health.

Default Neoterik filters

Len:
    Thanks for your advice. I will give you a call for the Hobbyair filters when I use up the filters that came with it.
    regards,
    Steve
    New Orleans