TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: stud welder question

Default stud welder question

Been thinking about getting a H&S stud welder. Seems to be multiple versions available. So I looked on the manufacturer site to see what the differences were, but they don't report power on the guns. Wanted to understand if the guns were really any different. I'd want to use a shrink tip with the one I purchase. Will that shrink tip (HS1007) work on their entry level gun just as well as the gun included in their top of the line kit?

Quote Originally Posted by fj5gtx
    Been thinking about getting a H&S stud welder. Seems to be multiple versions available. So I looked on the manufacturer site to see what the differences were, but they don't report power on the guns. Wanted to understand if the guns were really any different. I'd want to use a shrink tip with the one I purchase. Will that shrink tip (HS1007) work on their entry level gun just as well as the gun included in their top of the line kit?
    All the kits have the same gun except for the "Deluxe" kit which has a higher output gun. All of the guns can be used with the shrink tip and the other optional tools. The Deluxe gun is recommended for commercial use where the gun is used for hours each day several days a week but for non-pro usage all of the other guns work well.
    Last edited by Len; 10-11-2009 at 12:11 PM.