TheCoatingStore.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 1965 Gran Sport is off to the shop for paint!

Very nice Brian!..
    BTW, I had the same conversation with myself about my 74 Econoline late last year... Either finish the darn thing and have it on the road this year,, or sell it. If I weren't so darn stubborn, I would've given up on finishing it long ago.
    Waterford, Mi.

Here it is out of the booth.

Brian

Going to look real nice with all the chrome on it .

Mooch

Is that a red car prepped out or is it just pink?

Would be nice to air brush in some cute little flowers on the hood.

edit: nevermind, just saw the pic. Niiiiiiice!!!! Red looks good with polished chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by showcar
    Is that a red car prepped out or is it just pink?

Would be nice to air brush in some cute little flowers on the hood.

edit: nevermind, just saw the pic. Niiiiiiice!!!! Red looks good with polished chrome.
    The red tint prime looks pink when sanded, smart ass.

Brian

Default Nice...

The picture outside shows the red better....that's going to be one hell of an attention grabber...Cool car Brian...

Now...where did you put those little ss screws? And where is that trim? Darn, the dog chewed on the top....

Putting it all together is alot of fun....finding all the parts in the garage...Priceless!...
    My 2 cents worth...
    Serge

Oh God, don't get me started! I have a shed I built in the back yard JUST for those parts along with parts from my truck. They up in the garage rafters, then in the closet in the garage, on the bench in the little drawers that my son did where I have no idea what's in there. I figure I will put it together the same way I put collision repair cars together at work, I just put parts on. I don't try to do a certain pattern or section at a time, I just go to the shelf or the bin or the box and pickup something and bolt it on. Eventually all the stuff will be on it.

Brian

I think it looks real nice and a great choice on the color...cant wait to see it finished. It will be a head turner.

thanks for showing

Thought you Buick fans might find this interesting. In our yard we have a 65 Buick Electra 225 2 dr hardtop with a factory 2 x 4 barrel 425 nailhead.

Steve g
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g
    Thought you Buick fans might find this interesting. In our yard we have a 65 Buick Electra 225 2 dr hardtop with a factory 2 x 4 barrel 425 nailhead.

Steve g
    That is a rare one indeed. I believe the only way you could get the two fours outside of a GS Riv was dealer installed.

So what are you going to do with it?

Brian

I knew it was available on the Riv and I'm not for certain but I thought you could get the (2)4's option on the Wildcat. Although that may have been 66.

Now, I have forgotten a lot about it being I am not around my brother everyday like when we were restoring these cars on a regular basis. But as I remember the 65-66 Riv were the ONLY factory cars that came with those intakes. And by the way, my brother is known as THE Nailhead expert with featured in books and mags. He has owned factory experimental heads (of which there were a total of 43 made) with larger ports. He has had factory experimental intakes, both aluminum single four, dual fours as well as cast iron ones. He has had many different varietys of injectors, six twos, three twos, two twos, etc over the years.

He has an ALL Buick 1922 Buick model 44 Roadster that has been featured in many mags in cluding the prestigous "The Rodders Journal" (Issue 32 ).

Here is his site but he isn't a computer guy so it isn't maintained. He sells thru ebay mostly.
    Nailheadbuick.com

Our dad was a Buick salesmen from 57-77. We both grew up in the back seat of a new Buick.

Two cents, I am still putting it together. I have a couple of kids (one needing extra attention) that take up most of my free time these days.

Brian

Liked your brother's web site. I did a little research and the 1966 Wildcat was available with the high performance version of the 425 with 2 4's. I remember having a friend in high school brag about how fast his old man's car was. The Wildcat was one good looking car! Personally, I've always liked cars other than Chevy and Ford. (although I have owned several of them) I ordered a Buick Century Turbo Coupe in 79 and kept it for 2 years until I blew it up at 17k! It was/is a very rare car and wish I would have kept it. It was the precursor to the GN that came out a few years later. In the early 70's my best friend had a modified 70 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 that would trailer about anything he ran against at the strip. (you should have seen the look on Chevelle owners when they got spanked-priceless) Ran real consistant 11.90-12.0s-and could be driven to the track.

Default does look good and...Brian, Mooch and Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR
    That is right Mooch, it is a "401" but they called it a "400" because of GM policy on no motor bigger than a 400 in an intermediate car.

It has the distributer in the rear.

Jason, it's Chrysler "Flame Red" and is much redder than it looks in that photo because of the flash.

Brian
    Around 67 GM could not use larger than a 400 in cars like the Camaro and I think the Chevelle. That's when Yenko came into play. Dealers could modify but the factory was a little locked in. Henry

Default Very Sweet

Thats going to be really sweet when its done Brian.
    I am a big fan of 60's Buicks. I owned a 66 skylark when I was 15 in Oregon, I traded my neighbor a Sony Walkman for it (cassette) I had big dreams, pulled the motor but then moved back to California and donated it to my High School Auto Shop when I left.

I did end up getting a 1967 GS 400 in 1986, purchased it off an older gentlman down the street from my dads house - it sat for years in his driveway and it was my first autobody restoration (with the help of o'l Earl Schibe for $99.95) it was a good weekend cruiser but always ran hot - some one told me that engine was notorious for that because of the lack of water jackets around the cylenders - I had a flex fan, a hayden elect fan, tried every t/stat temp range and it was just a really warm runner.

That was the coolest air intake I ever seen from a factory (Beem me up Scotty) that pic is not of mine (i did have that same intake though - cant find my pics)

Thats my 82 Z28 also, all show and zero go. I had a 72 Pinto with a 2 liter, crower cam, side draft weber with a offy intake and a header that would just smoke this car (but It was my first new car and payments)

The girlie on the Left was my girl freind, but I ended up marrying the one on the right. - Good Times, yes - Good Good Times...
    ~ There is no substitute for hard work. ~