TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show us what you're doing.

typicalcarguy Guest

Nice job,that is a very fast turn around.I finished a little 66 coupe for my friend last fall,it took me a year to completeThose fiberglass shelby hoods are a real treat,I had quite a bit of time trying to make it decent.

Quote Originally Posted by typicalcarguy View Post
    Nice job,that is a very fast turn around.I finished a little 66 coupe for my friend last fall,it took me a year to completeThose fiberglass shelby hoods are a real treat,I had quite a bit of time trying to make it decent.
    Ya, we busted our asses to get it done, long days. The hood wasn't bad, it was pretty straight.

Quote Originally Posted by typicalcarguy View Post
    The real fun started when we had to lay out the stripes to the correct dimensions. Keeping the 2 inch gap down the middle while making sure they narrowed at the right places.

Default cobra kit

IMG_0992.jpgIMG_0989.jpgship top view.jpg
    Believe it or not just starting to finish since 2000. Have a quick question. What should I do with the few spots that were high and
    sanded the gel coat through. Been blocking down with 100 and will slick sand and final block again.

You can apply the slick sand and block sand if that will correct the problem. I would apply a sealer over the slick sand before applying color.

Default Carl Sagan Spyder Finished

The is the restoration of the 1964 Corvair Spyder Convertible that I have been working on for five years or so. It has been written up in the Hemming Blog http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...er/?refer=news
    This was one rusty car.

Dennis D.
    Brocton, NY

Awesome story! Damn tootin it's a cool idea thinking that man drove that car, that is just too cool!

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Default Unsafe at any speed.

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    Awesome story! Damn tootin it's a cool idea thinking that man drove that car, that is just too cool!

Brian
    My wife had that exact car. Same color, same style.

Just finished this up this week. Heavily damaged fiberglass body, repaired, and repainted..

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

was suppose to look like this. Bodywork shape effected the layout some but I think it came out so so....for a hobbiest....yamaha-yzr-m1-wgp-50th-anniversary-edition-motogp-1.jpg