Thread: Buffing PPG DCU2060 Clear

Default Buffing PPG DCU2060 Clear

My question is can this clear be sanded and buffed. The reason I ask is I used this mixed with PPG 2042 clear to achieve a semi-gloss finish on a dash. It turned out great as far as the amount of gloss I wanted but this was sprayed in my garage and I did have some dust and minor peel. After sanding with 2000 grit I proceeded to polish and now I have a VERY shiny black dash.
    Do I need to respray with clear and not sand and polish?

Thanks

i just use a DCC single stage 9300 the dealer can mix in flattening at different degrees of gloss. Less coats means less dust .if you still have 2o6o left use that it ,works great I do a lot of the Pontiac wheels two tone with dbc then use the 8:1 ratio 2060 -2042 .so you have the right look (old unpolished laquer )with durability of uerathane.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1495
    My question is can this clear be sanded and buffed. The reason I ask is I used this mixed with PPG 2042 clear to achieve a semi-gloss finish on a dash. It turned out great as far as the amount of gloss I wanted but this was sprayed in my garage and I did have some dust and minor peel. After sanding with 2000 grit I proceeded to polish and now I have a VERY shiny black dash.
    Do I need to respray with clear and not sand and polish?

Thanks
    Yes, you can't polish a flatened paint without causing it to get more glossy. You need to spray then leave it alone.