PDA

View Full Version : new guy with a question

wykidd
03-20-2006, 01:30 AM
i got a 72 ford that i am wanting to throw a cheap paint job so i went and bought a gallon of tractor and truck ford blue enamal but it dont say on the can no were wat air psi to use and wat would be the best tip to use?the paint really smells like rust-olum lol my gun has a 1.4 thanks

Phil V
03-20-2006, 09:54 AM
The 1.4 tip should work fine -- after you add the right amount of reducer. And you're right, it will certainly be a cheap paintjob but if its done right the car can still turn out looking good. Won't last very long but it should look good for a year or two.

wykidd
03-20-2006, 11:30 AM
thanks for the info how much air pressure do u think 40 psi witht he trigger pulled?thanks again

Len
03-20-2006, 12:27 PM
The air presssure will vary depending on the gun. If it's a name brand gun it will have a recommended setting for the engineering of the gun but many off brand guns have no recommendations. The gun pressure could vary between 20 and 50 PSI with the trigger pulled. I'd say to start somewhere in the middle around 25 to 35 PSI.

wykidd
03-20-2006, 03:02 PM
ok thanks for all this help i really do apprechate it i have just 1 more question the pattern i have no problem with but how can u tell if u have the air and paint mixture rite another guy told me to run the knob all the way in and turn it back out about 3xs??thanks

Len
03-20-2006, 04:59 PM
I've changed my approach to this when using most guns. I now recommend that you back the knob all the way out until the trigger is against the handle then turn it in until the trigger moves forward slightly. I originally recommended backing the trigger out but there's too much difference between guns.

wykidd
03-20-2006, 09:00 PM
ok thanks this is a cambell hausefeld for cars the chrome its sipon feed stye thanks again