PDA

View Full Version : gun troubles

wes292
03-12-2006, 08:05 PM
any help is appreciated.my devillebiss finish line is shooting very lightly and heavy on top and bottom.i don't want to trash another gun.help.

Jbb
03-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Sounds like buildup around the needle......standard cleaning procedures should apply.....remove and soak aircap....remove needle ...you wiil likely find paint buildup near the tip clean with a rag soaked in thinner....make sure the packings are clean and lubricated re assemble and spray some thinner thru it....use spray gun lube only...!

wes292
03-12-2006, 08:52 PM
i tear gun down like len does and clean after each shooting.that is why i am confused about it.:cool:

Blaze9t8
03-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Does the gun spray different with thinner sprayed thru it then when you are spraying paint or primer?

68-chevyman
03-12-2006, 10:25 PM
The general rule of thumb for that problem is (to much air pressure)(paint to thin)(tip to large for such thin paint).

other that that its not enough fulid to much air.

Blaze9t8
03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
The problem I had with my finishline was after cleaning, the air cap was not on tight enough. Gave it 180 degree turn and snugged it down. Good to go.

Len
03-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Be sure to inspect the fluid tip to see if it has been damaged. It's very easy to damage the tip with the wrench when you're removing or replacing ANY fluid tip. The only damage that can effect your pattern will be right at the end of the tip where it is visible at the air cap. The slightest ding will have an adverse effect on your pattern.

When removing and replacing the tip you need to make sure that the wrench does not come off the hex and slip across the tip. The good thing here is that it's NOT a Sata and tips for the Finishline are quite inexpensive.

Finishline III Parts Link (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DEVFLGparts&Category_Code=1D)

craig429
03-13-2006, 11:18 AM
My finishline was also spraying bad. They had me spray water through it instead of thinner. They said water matched the viscosity of paint better than thinner. I called up Devilbiss and they sent me a replaced tip free of charge. Great service.