PDA

View Full Version : Need advise help

TheCoatingStore.com

ezfrank
10-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I have a 93 Honda Civic that was hit on pass side front and i removed fender and front bumber grill headlights and also pulled motor and tranny out well as i look at the frame where the tranny mounts it is bent and if i put the new fender on pass side it is way off about half inch in. Could this be fixed if i take it to a collision shop, and would it be very expensive i really want to fix the car cause the body is very solid but dont know if it would be worth it. Thanks for any help. :) EZFrank :)

Len
10-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Yes, it can be fixed right if the shop has a decent frame bench and a decent guy to do the work. The car is held so that it can't move then the damaged area is pulled and pushed until it put back where it belongs. The shop needs to be able not only to do the pushing and pulling but also needs to be able to measure it accurately.

ezfrank
10-24-2007, 09:10 PM
How much would something like this would cost.:confused:

Phil V
10-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Frank, can you post a couple pictures of the area where the frame is damaged ? Without seeing any pictures to get an accurate idea of what you're dealing with the cost to pull the front end over could be anywhere from a couple hundred dollars (minimum) to five or six hundred dollars, depending on how extensive the damage is.

Len
10-25-2007, 12:17 AM
How much would something like this would cost.:confused:

Price can vary greatly from shop to shop. If the shop is busy the cost will usually be high and if they need the work they could low ball the price. If there is some way to take the car to several shops you could compare prices but make sure they have the equipment to do the work.

Serge
10-25-2007, 09:38 AM
There are two kinds of set up to do this work...the high end collision shops will have sophisticated frame machines. This is the most accurate way of pulling on those types of damage as they also have a sophisticated measuring system fitted on the machine. These are very accurate. They will also be the most expensive.

Some small shops will have simple pots in the concrete floor and a dozer they roll around the shop floor to pull on the damage...those small shops can probably do the job for alot less money...and still pull the damage so it close enough to be in business with the old car...

The fact that the car is already taken appart is a great saver. To set-up the car and pul is not very long. The long part is taking it appart and putting it back together again. If there are no parts that need replacement it should be pretty quick...then again, I have not seen the damage...Post a picture...

ezfrank
10-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks all for the help i am going to take pics later tonight and see if i can post them.