PDA

View Full Version : quarter panle

lt1chevelle
02-24-2006, 01:33 AM
i have a 63 nova and i am welding on new quarters and i was woundering if any one had any advise? i was also woundering if i should shot my car in a sealer primer first but my whole car is not down to bare metal. but i do have some spots that are. if i dont have to seal it would the feather fill primer work? then come back and do the body work that is left and then primer it with a urathan primer? then wet sand that primer to shot my color?
let me know what you think, some ppl say the feather fill sucks the paint up but u shot a silverado and shot the feather fill on the bed and rool pan and we sanded it with 600 wet and the color layed down nice. thats just me im new at this.
thanks

cruzindablvd
02-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi........ my advice for you is get all of your bodywork first. As far as the quarter panel dont worry bout priming it first just weld it in first. what other body body work needs to be done.

cruzindablvd
02-24-2006, 08:03 AM
the primer that i use is duponts variprime...its a good etching primer in case you have any scratches, minor flaws. it sands real easy......

Len
02-24-2006, 08:58 AM
If the bare metal is going to be exposed for more than a couple days I would prime the spots with etch or epoxy primer.

When we remove and replace a quarter we usually cut below the rear window so that we don't need to remove the glass. Sometimes we will also cut so that the trunk lid jamb and the door jamb is untouched so that it makes a less visible repair.