PDA

View Full Version : picklex-20 rust remover?

TheCoatingStore.com

flcobra
07-17-2007, 08:15 PM
hello guys, the underside of the hood i'm working on has a fare amount of surface rust, do i need to sand it off, or use navel jelly, or can i just spray the picklex on, let it dry for 2 min then wipe it off. i wont be priming for a while so the picklex will have plunty of time to dry.
i guess my question comes down to: is the picklex a rust remover or do i need to remove the rust by anouther means and then use picklex?
thanks, rob

Len
07-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Scuff off the loose material, blow off the dust and dirt, clean the surface well then spray on a light coat of Picklex 20 on a two square foot area and work it in with a scuff pad then wipe it off. You don't need to wipe it dry just remove the excess. After the surface is good and dry you can store it as long as you keep it dry and when you're ready to prime be sure to scuff it lightly with some sandpaper or scuff pad then prime with epoxy primer.

flcobra
07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
thanks len:brainiac: !! u have been so helpful everytime i ask a dumb question:dunce: . i'll follow your advice. i'm looking forward to trying out the dura blocks i ordered from u when they get here!!
thanks again so much len
rob