PDA

View Full Version : "rust bullet"

Albert
01-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Hello, Has anyone heard of and/or tried the rust treatment called "Rust Bullet"??:)

Len
01-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I found Rust Bullet to be very similar to POR15. It has about the same strengths and weaknesses as POR. My biggest problem with moisture cured urethane is that it's expensive and it gets hard in the can after it's partially used. RB and POR worked ok but we've found that Zero Rust (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=RCAC) costs less, has a better shelf life, comes in colors and works great.

almarconi
01-27-2007, 12:15 AM
I've used both the rust bullet and the zero rust. Both seem to work as advertised. The zero rust is much cheaper than the rust bullet. My one comment/complaint about the zero rust is that it seems to set up very quickly, almost too fast. I was applying in mild temp about 70 degrees and using a brush. I used their wash product to prep the surface and then applied the paint to the metal. The surface that I painted was inside an air compressor enclosure. The metal is not in direct contact with the elements but water does tend to gather on the surface of the metal. So far, no new rust has appeared. I think the next time I use it I'll thin the product a suitable paint thinner, hopefully this will make it easier to spread.

Bruce P
01-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Good point and something that needs to be mentioned more often than it is.

"When working out of a bulk container of Zero Rust or any solvent based paint, keep adding and mixing in a little thinner as you go along to keep the viscosity where it works the best. Otherwise the solvents will continues to flash off and the resultant product in the can will get thicker & thicker & thicker & thicker......"