PDA

View Full Version : Gluing window trimming and emblems

mikee30
12-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Around the inside of my passenger side door a few inches of the molding has unglued. It is rubber and bonds directly to the finish of the car (inside of the door).

I tried gluing it with a glue gun, but it doesn't stick...double side tape didn't work either. I know crazy glue will work, but I don't think it's a good idea to have crazy glue on the paint finish just incase one day the trimming will need replacement.

The local paint store didn't have any 3M products readily available, but a customer suggested using epoxy in small amounts. Would this work? I'm hesitating on that advice...

Are there any household glues that I can use for this?

Secondly, what are my options to sticking on a rear emblem (directly to the paint finish) on the rear of the car?

Thanks

Roger J.
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
A company in California that is making vent window seals for me, told me that the best glue for bonding rubber to metal is Loctite 406.. It's worked well for me so far.. I have a couple tubes left, and can send you one if you like.

Roger J.
12-23-2006, 04:47 PM
oops... didn't notice that you said you were gluing to a painted finish... Not sure what the loctite would do to that.

TeachMeHow
12-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Secondly, what are my options to sticking on a rear emblem (directly to the paint finish) on the rear of the car?
Thanks
I use 3M molding tape for my spoiler and emblem. You can pick this up at any auto part stores like autozone, etc...
-Paul