PDA

View Full Version : Next question- Turbine systems- with a standard HVLP gun

cruciform
11-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the responses to my previuous question. Hopefully Santa will bring me
a devilbiss 670 plus...

the next question I have is can I use a turbine air unit with a standard HVLP gun like the above devilbiss, or do I need a dedicated gun to use with a turbine?

I've got a single stage Accuspray, but also have a compressor. It would be nice to use the turbine with the Devilbiss.. can one adapt them?

thanks again!

Len
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the responses to my previuous question. Hopefully Santa will bring me
a devilbiss 670 plus...

the next question I have is can I use a turbine air unit with a standard HVLP gun like the above devilbiss, or do I need a dedicated gun to use with a turbine?

I've got a single stage Accuspray, but also have a compressor. It would be nice to use the turbine with the Devilbiss.. can one adapt them?

thanks again!

No, they are different animals so the high pressure (conversion) gun can't be used with a turbine. However most turbine guns can be used with a compressor it you have an adapter AND enough air to feed them. The compressor driven guns need more air pressure than the turbine can muster.