PDA

View Full Version : 3M panel adhesive

TheCoatingStore.com

jsouthco68camaro
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I have heard a few people singing the praises of 3m panel adhesive.

Has anyone had any experience with it? I will be replacing a quarter panel and am considering using it as an alternative to welding ( Welding is not at the top of my "skills" list...

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Len
10-11-2006, 06:32 AM
I haven't used 3M but I have used Fusor Metal Bonding products (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MB) several times and they do an excellent job.

Iceman
10-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Fusor several times, along as you can access the back to get it clean, and rough so it will stick, it seems to do an excellent job. Make sure to follow the directions on angles, and clearances to save your self some trouble.

jttz2002
10-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I too have used Fusor on my 68 GTO. I did the front and rear quarter patch panels and some smaller patches. After adhering mine I pounded on them with my fist and they were as solid as other parts of the car. I had better luck using the overlap method and if the panels are not flanged for this you can buy some flangers or make your own with a pair of vice grips.
Good Luck.

vipond
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I,vehad good lluck with the 3m panel adhesive. As has been said flange the panel. I went to a 3m seminar about 5 years ago and the rep said if done properly the panel adhesive is 11 times stronger than a weld. HTH Vipond

fixdent
12-19-2006, 12:22 AM
I use 3M panel adhesive for the past 5 years...been great.

I have glued roof panels, cab sides, box panels, patch panels....
Have never had a problem.

I had a chance to inspect a roll-over that I had glued a roof panel and box side panel a couple years prior. It held up great.

--
Gordon