PDA

View Full Version : HELP Key is stuck in trunk lock

TheCoatingStore.com

Bill in NJ
12-10-2016, 04:49 PM
OK I put the key in the trunk lock to open it to put my harbor freight junk in it. Went to turn it and it would not open the trunk and it will not come out. I had taking the key cylinder out when I painted it. Not sure if the cylinder is in right or what. Any help would be appreciated.

Len
12-10-2016, 05:39 PM
OK I put the key in the trunk lock to open it to put my harbor freight junk in it. Went to turn it and it would not open the trunk and it will not come out. I had taking the key cylinder out when I painted it. Not sure if the cylinder is in right or what. Any help would be appreciated.

What kind of car?

Bill in NJ
12-10-2016, 05:56 PM
1987 Olds cutlass siera

Len
12-10-2016, 06:22 PM
1987 Olds cutlass siera

If you can't solve the problem by wiggling the key out you may need to go in by removing the back seat and either removing clip that holds in the cylinder or seeing if you can find the problem that is causing the lock to jamb while you're in the trunk.

It's usually kind of tricky to either get in through the back seat or using a tool long enough to reach the lock from the passenger compartment. If you can enter the trunk be sure you have someone on the outside that can get tools for you or in case you get stuck. You may be able to use a long extension and socket to remove the bolts that hold the catch attached to the rear body panel so that the lid can be raised while the lock is still in place.