golden days
of muscle cars and their youth. It's also drawing a newer
generation of
enthusiasts.

www.youtube.com/embed/ZpmZtSIkfTk

LS6

Len
03-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Wow, that's amazing. I'll have to visit that place next time I'm in Florida.

Henry
03-04-2015, 05:22 PM
This guy does not
have
any automatics and has over 200 big block
Corvettes.
He also had a Roman Red 60 Impala convertible. He has several
442's including
a 64. He has one of only 2 or 3 1970 big block Corvettes
with the aluminum
engine. That is probably a million dollar car. I would
go if I am ever in
the area. It is all GM and all muscle.

Though the building
in Punta Gorda, Florida was once a Wal-Mart, it's not any more. When Rick

Treworgy saw that it was vacant, he decided it would be the perfect
place to
showcase almost 200 Corvettes and other GM muscle cars he owns
in a vast
collection begun more than 30 years ago. He bought it, and
now, it's open to
the public.

Called Muscle Car
City, the venue is attracting thousands of people who harken back to the
golden days
of muscle cars and their youth. It's also drawing a newer
generation of
enthusiasts.

www.youtube.com/embed/ZpmZtSIkfTk

LS6

Now, that's my kind of guy! He says the stock keeps rotating so he must be selling what he has. Love to go there but I could get into serious trouble in a place like that. Imagine we lived as young guys during the premier of most of what he has. I always reflect on the fact that I grew up in the best time for cars, music and girls. (cars first).

One hell of a presentation and thank you for sharing.

Henry

Mooch
03-04-2015, 11:40 PM
Well I'm no GM guy by any means but it does sound pretty interesting . So I'm only about 3 1/2 hours from Punta Gorda, Florida . I might try to drive over and check it out .

Mooch

LS6
03-05-2015, 03:18 AM
Well I'm no GM guy by any means but it does sound pretty interesting . So I'm only about 3 1/2 hours from Punta Gorda, Florida . I might try to drive over and check it out .

Mooch

There are a lot of Corvettes there. Aren't you afraid you might break out in a rash, being that close to so many Chebbies?
LS6

Mooch
03-05-2015, 10:33 AM
There are a lot of Corvettes there. Aren't you afraid you might break out in a rash, being that close to so many Chebbies?
LS6

Well there are other brands of muscle cars there and a lot of older cars and trucks .

There are a couple of Corvettes I like and would even like to own but most I do find boring to look at .

He does have some other makes of muscle cars and plenty of older GM classic cars and trucks to see . Well worth the ride to the west coast of Florida .

One of my favorite cars was my 55 Chevy rag top . I have found Chevy guys to be the biggest haters of other makes on the planet . Most never give any credit to other makes . Over the years I have disliked the Chevy lovers much more than the cars . That still holds true to this day .

After I go check it out I will give an honest review for anyone interested .

Mooch

Len
03-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Well there are other brands of muscle cars there and a lot of older cars and trucks .

There are a couple of Corvettes I like and would even like to own but most I do find boring to look at .

He does have some other makes of muscle cars and plenty of older GM classic cars and trucks to see . Well worth the ride to the west coast of Florida .

One of my favorite cars was my 55 Chevy rag top . I have found Chevy guys to be the biggest haters of other makes on the planet . Most never give any credit to other makes . Over the years I have disliked the Chevy lovers much more than the cars . That still holds true to this day .

Mooch

I'd be interested in your opinion. Be sure to take a lot of pictures for us.

LS6
03-05-2015, 07:18 PM

Mooch

I have found Chevy guys to be the biggest haters of other makes on the planet . Most never give any credit to other makes . Over the years I have disliked the Chevy lovers much more than the cars . That still holds true to this day.

I have found Chevy guys to be some of the nicest people around. On the other hand, I have found Ford guys to be whiners.
LS6

Randy Forbes
06-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up; that's barely about an hour south of me. Only time I drove that far down the Interstate, was to log in some break-in miles on an engine I'd just built for an ///M Coupe. Any time do an engine with modifications, this one with a full complement of polymer coated internals and a supercharger, I like to put several hundred miles on it before I hand the car back (this one going to Chicago, so any comebacks would be a major inconvenience).

WHile I'm not the biggest Chevrolet (but see, at least I can spell it...) fan out there, I did grow up in Detroit, and being born in 1954, also grew up during the best time for cars, girls and music! I do however appreciate the attention to detail in any type of car's restoration/preservation.

I also have plenty of fond memories from an impressionable youth, so I'm sure I'd stand far too long in front of some of the displays ('69 Chevelle SS 396 comes immediately to mind)!

Thanks again!

Henry
06-14-2015, 03:21 AM
Wow, thanks for the heads up; that's barely about an hour south of me. Only time I drove that far down the Interstate, was to log in some break-in miles on an engine I'd just built for an ///M Coupe. Any time do an engine with modifications, this one with a full complement of polymer coated internals and a supercharger, I like to put several hundred miles on it before I hand the car back (this one going to Chicago, so any comebacks would be a major inconvenience).

WHile I'm not the biggest Chevrolet (but see, at least I can spell it...) fan out there, I did grow up in Detroit, and being born in 1954, also grew up during the best time for cars, girls and music! I do however appreciate the attention to detail in any type of car's restoration/preservation.

I also have plenty of fond memories from an impressionable youth, so I'm sure I'd stand far too long in front of some of the displays ('69 Chevelle SS 396 comes immediately to mind)!

Thanks again!

That's been my line on here for years! Yes, it was a great time. Bad part; it was a long time ago but never to be forgotten. A time when the are was clean and sex was dirty.

"also grew up during the best time for cars, girls and music!"

Henry