PDA

View Full Version : GM Bolt

TheCoatingStore.com

Len
01-16-2015, 12:24 PM
So GM is coming out with the Bolt which is a $30,000 electric car with a 200 mile range. My biggest consideration would be how long it takes to get a full charge. Also I wonder if the 200 mile range gets cut short in cold weather. I've heard that our NJ governor is trying to push through a tax on electric and hybrid cars to help offset the loss in gas tax revenue.

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/150115_em_voltmosttalked2.jpg?quality=80&w=1100
LINK (http://time.com/money/3669973/chevy-bolt-auto-show-electric-cars/)

Henry
01-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Most likely won't open because I'm using an older version of IE.

Anyway, who the hell is coming up with this ugly styling? That thing looks like a nice body for my Garden Tractor(s). Just butt ugly.

You know, just like the VOLT, the thing is overpriced. At least the Volt was a decent looking car. I think Toyota (hate to say it) has the electric market with their proven Prius. That being said, there isn't really a savings in any of these junks when you consider how much it cost in electricity to charge them back up.

I have a doctor with 2 Prius cars on his 3rd buy since they came out. He has a large barn with lots of SOLAR panels on it. That's where he plugs the little cars in to charge back up. He told me if anyone wanted a Prius without a supplemental charging source they would only be fooling themselves with regards to MPG or range. The more people I ask, I find, when the truth or whole story is told, the doc is right.

We need a manufacturer to come out with some whittled down ride like this for under 20K for the masses to use. This one claims 30K then add the dealer prep, conveyance fees and other add on crap and you won't leave the door for under 35K. Then, God help your ass if you need to change the battery pack. Crude oil into gasoline is here to stay. The fuel cell is the only good thing that we'll probably never have. Hugo Chavez is making strides in that area.

Henry

Mooch
01-16-2015, 01:58 PM

Anyway, who the hell is coming up with this ugly styling? That thing looks like a nice body for my Garden Tractor(s). Just butt ugly.

You know, just like the VOLT, the thing is overpriced. At least the Volt was a decent looking car. I think Toyota (hate to say it) has the electric market with their proven Prius. That being said, there isn't really a savings in any of these junks when you consider how much it cost in electricity to charge them back up.

I have a doctor with 2 Prius cars on his 3rd buy since they came out. He has a large barn with lots of SOLAR panels on it. That's where he plugs the little cars in to charge back up. He told me if anyone wanted a Prius without a supplemental charging source they would only be fooling themselves with regards to MPG or range. The more people I ask, I find, when the truth or whole story is told, the doc is right.

We need a manufacturer to come out with some whittled down ride like this for under 20K for the masses to use. This one claims 30K then add the dealer prep, conveyance fees and other add on crap and you won't leave the door for under 35K. Then, God help your ass if you need to change the battery pack. Crude oil into gasoline is here to stay. The fuel cell is the only good thing that we'll probably never have. Hugo Chavez is making strides in that area.

Henry

Why would he have to charge his Prius ? It has a gas engine that charges the car as you drive over 40 mph .

I have several campers who own the Prius and get up to 50 mpg on the Highway.

mooch

Henry
01-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Why would he have to charge his Prius ? It has a gas engine that charges the car as you drive over 40 mph .

I have several campers who own the Prius and get up to 50 mpg on the Highway.

mooch

I hear you mooch and agree. Starting in 2012, the Prius is a plug in. Don't know what happened to the kind your campers have or why the technology changed:

"""Payback? Probably not.

With the 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In expected to sell at $3,500 to $5,000 more than a comparable Prius, payback in this traditional sense probably isn’t going to happen—even if gas prices double."""

I don't really follow these things but maybe the Leaf or others can totally charge themself. Seems like Prius took a step backwards.

Henry

Mooch
01-16-2015, 03:20 PM
I hear you mooch and agree. Starting in 2012, the Prius is a plug in. Don't know what happened to the kind your campers have or why the technology changed:

"""Payback? Probably not.

With the 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In expected to sell at $3,500 to $5,000 more than a comparable Prius, payback in this traditional sense probably isn’t going to happen—even if gas prices double."""

I don't really follow these things but maybe the Leaf or others can totally charge themself. Seems like Prius took a step backwards.

Henry

Oh the plug in is all electric would be my guess Henry .

Mooch

Henry
01-16-2015, 03:46 PM
Oh the plug in is all electric would be my guess Henry .

Mooch

Mooch, these specs are copied from and online search. Notice it has a large (<12 gallon) fuel tank:

"""Power and Performance
1.8L I-4 98 HP engine
2-spd CVT transmission w/OD
Hybrid electric motor alternator
Battery with run down protection
Axle Ratio 4.11 axle ratio
Fuel Tank 11.9 gal. fuel tank
Stainless steel exhaust

Fuel Economy
Fuel Economy City 51.0 mpg city fuel economy
Fuel Economy Hwy 48.0 mpg hwy fuel economy
"""

Who knows. Price of gas does not bother me. Wanna drive? Then pay. Want 4 wheel drive? Then pay a little more. Besides, you couldn't make it to where you are at 200 miles a clip and stop to charge it up. I know you would never tolerate that crapola.

Henry

All Dry
01-17-2015, 01:59 AM
Batteries for electrics may go by the wayside, The next thing to start appearing is a hydrogen cell which creates the electricity without the need for batteries,

Henry
01-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Batteries for electrics may go by the wayside, The next thing to start appearing is a hydrogen cell which creates the electricity without the need for batteries,

You are right and the water that comes out of the exhaust, you could drink. Maybe our children or grandchildren will see the fuel cell, hydrogen cell as common place. Hugo Chavez does not live here.

Henry

All Dry
01-17-2015, 02:08 PM
You are right and the water that comes out of the exhaust, you could drink. Maybe our children or grandchildren will see the fuel cell, hydrogen cell as common place. Hugo Chavez does not live here.

HenryActually the hydrogen cells are in production cars for 2015 right now. You will see more of them this year from manufactures.

Henry
01-17-2015, 04:19 PM
Actually the hydrogen cells are in production cars for 2015 right now. You will see more of them this year from manufactures.

How long do you figure we could even get California up and running with the stations needed? Then how about the rest of the country? What is your guess for how many years (just wondering). I might venture to guess up to 10 years. Will be nice.

Henry

Len
01-17-2015, 09:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhqlwDv7jlI

All Dry
01-18-2015, 12:11 AM
How long do you figure we could even get California up and running with the stations needed? Then how about the rest of the country? What is your guess for how many years (just wondering). I might venture to guess up to 10 years. Will be nice.

Henry I have no idea.

Phil V
01-18-2015, 11:39 AM
I don't see the Prius as an impressive car. The plug in Prius has an EV range of 11 miles (ELEVEN MILES), then it switches over to a regular gasoline propulsion at 50 mpg. What the hell advantage is that ??? The Chevy Volt has an EV range of 38 miles then switches over to gas engine with 38 mpg (combined city/hwy).

The 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI (turbo diesel) (NON ELECTRIC) managed 77.99 mpg over 8122 miles.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/24/vw-passat-tdi-sets-77-9-mpg-fuel-economy-record-through-lower-48/

The current available electric cars are toys and are not serious competitors to the internal combustion engine vehicles. The "greenies" keep pushing electric this and electric that but the technology is still a long way off to actively compete with what we already have.

Henry
01-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Watching Barrett-Jackson last night and the new Mustang and they called it "Shelby GT 500", with VIN# 001 was auctioned for charity for 1 million $. I assure you this machine was NOT electric.

No, our options for electric automobiles just ain't there and won't be for many years to come. Too much to sacrifice in owning any of them. Imagine people sitting at a dealership signing away for 5 years to buy one of these chopped up things. Makes what we drive look a lot better.

Henry

style
01-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Henry

What a waste,my 91 honda crx gets. 48 city and 60 hwy and has non of the maintenance issues like these tech monsters..

Henry
01-18-2015, 01:23 PM
What a waste,my 91 honda crx gets. 48 city and 60 hwy and has non of the maintenance issues like these tech monsters..

You got a keeper there good buddy.

Henry

Phil V
01-18-2015, 06:36 PM

As usual just more bullshit from Style. The gov't EPA gas rating for a 1991 Honda CRX HF (high fuel economy) is 38 city and 46 hwy. (check for yourself). If history is any indicator of why style is going to say next it will be something like " the professor and Marty McFly let style use their flux capacitor from the Delorean time machine on Back to the Future ". Rock on there Style.

Mooch
01-19-2015, 09:37 AM
If I was buying a car for the best gas mileage it would be the Prius which the loaded model comes in at around $27,000 .

It has about 13 years of tested experience on our roads . I know a few who own one and love them .

In actual use the Passat TDI Clean Diesel gets in the high 40s on the highway .

I drove the Prius and was impressed with it . Fast enough and plenty of room . That being said I wouldn't buy one .

If gas ever stayed where it should they wouldn't sell many either .

I think it wont be long if gas stays cheap before the states up the tax and of course when gas goes back up the tax stays .

It is nothing more than a scam to break Russia and to raise gas taxes .

I do like diesel under $3.00 a gal .

Electric cars will not be a norm in any of our lifetimes including our kids .

Hey Wizz where is the $5.00 a gal gas you moron . Your time frame for it has long passed .

Mooch ...and Len it is national average not a few stations .

Len
01-19-2015, 10:57 AM
If I was buying a car for the best gas mileage it would be the Prius which the loaded model comes in at around $27,000 .

It has about 13 years of tested experience on our roads . I know a few who own one and love them .

In actual use the Passat TDI Clean Diesel gets in the high 40s on the highway .

I drove the Prius and was impressed with it . Fast enough and plenty of room . That being said I wouldn't buy one .

If gas ever stayed where it should they wouldn't sell many either .

I think it wont be long if gas stays cheap before the states up the tax and of course when gas goes back up the tax stays .

It is nothing more than a scam to break Russia and to raise gas taxes .

I do like diesel under $3.00 a gal .

Electric cars will not be a norm in any of our lifetimes including our kids .

Hey Wizz where is the $5.00 a gal gas you moron . Your time frame for it has long passed .

Mooch ...and Len it is national average not a few stations .

The best thing for electric and hybrid cars is high gas prices. When the price drops, as it has, these vehicles and other green energy initiatives will be less successful. And the US isn't the main country causing the price of oil to drop.

Four things are now affecting the picture. Demand is low because of weak economic activity, increased efficiency, and a growing switch away from oil to other fuels. Second, turmoil in Iraq and Libya—two big oil producers with nearly 4m barrels a day combined—has not affected their output. The market is more sanguine about geopolitical risk. Thirdly, America has become the world’s largest oil producer. Though it does not export crude oil, it now imports much less, creating a lot of spare supply. Finally, the Saudis and their Gulf allies have decided not to sacrifice their own market share to restore the price. They could curb production sharply, but the main benefits would go to countries they detest such as Iran and Russia. Saudi Arabia can tolerate lower oil prices quite easily. It has $900 billion in reserves. Its own oil costs very little (around $5-6 per barrel) to get out of the ground.

The main effect of this is on the riskiest and most vulnerable bits of the oil industry. These include American frackers who have borrowed heavily on the expectation of continuing high prices. They also include Western oil companies with high-cost projects involving drilling in deep water or in the Arctic, or dealing with maturing and increasingly expensive fields such as the North Sea. But the greatest pain is in countries where the regimes are dependent on a high oil price to pay for costly foreign adventures and expensive social programmes. These include Russia (which is already hit by Western sanctions following its meddling in Ukraine) and Iran (which is paying to keep the Assad regime afloat in Syria). Optimists think economic pain may make these countries more amenable to international pressure. Pessimists fear that when cornered, they may lash out in desperation. LINK (http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/12/economist-explains-4)

MARTINSR
01-19-2015, 04:13 PM
I like the styling of many of the new cars, this "Bolt" included, but damn is the name stupid!

Brian

Mooch
01-20-2015, 01:11 AM
I like the styling of many of the new cars, this "Bolt" included, but damn is the name stupid!

Brian

Most names given to cars are stupid including Rambler . My Focus is another stupid name .

My all time favorite names are Hornet and Road Master and Wasp .

How about driving around in a Lark ? But it isn't easy to come up with new names for cars . I think the styling of most newer cars is pretty bad . Except for the muscle cars .

What would be your favorite names ?

Mooch

Len
01-20-2015, 09:48 AM

Brian

What I'm hearing is that the name "Bolt" is a temporary name given to the car in order to present it at the Detroit Auto Show so I guess the name may change.

MARTINSR
01-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Most names given to cars are stupid including Rambler . My Focus is another stupid name .

How about driving around in a Lark ? But it isn't easy to come up with new names for cars . I think the styling of most newer cars is pretty bad . Except for the muscle cars .

Mooch

There are two that crack me up and I believe great marketing names, "Altima" and "Maxima". I love marketing as you know so I "get" most of them, Focus for example, I like it. And Rambler, are you kidding? You can "Ramble" all over, it's YOUR choice where you want to go, just "ramble", I love it.

I never have liked the C230 and those kinda crappy sounds like nothing names. But again, it sounds like "high technology" like a computer or something. But then the Scions came around and the xB, I get it.

http://www.moibibiki.com/files/images/images640_/scion-xb-1.jpg

But come on, the Ambassador? You have to be a special person to drive an Ambassador.

Brian

Henry
01-20-2015, 09:59 AM
As usual just more bullshit from Style. The gov't EPA gas rating for a 1991 Honda CRX HF (high fuel economy) is 38 city and 46 hwy. (check for yourself). If history is any indicator of why style is going to say next it will be something like " the professor and Marty McFly let style use their flux capacitor from the Delorean time machine on Back to the Future ". Rock on there Style.

You have no idea what his MPG is so why be insulting? That's about down right rude! Besides, knowing him, he probably made some mods. That is a popular car with many modification offerings.

Henry

MARTINSR
01-20-2015, 10:00 AM
So how did the Z/28 get it's name?

Brian

style
01-20-2015, 05:44 PM

Lol,yea well this one has an intake an exaust up grade ,nothing like cleaning your filter instead of replaceing it.. and even stock thats comparable gas mileage to these battery powered cars that cost way more to fix..

Point being my motor is 450 at any salvage yard,one low resistance tire for a prius cost the same..

I can replace my whole car for 2000.00 prius batterypack is 3800 with out labor..

Mooch
01-24-2015, 12:53 AM
So how did the Z/28 get it's name?

Brian

Really sexy ....The name Z28 started out as only a Regular Production Order (RPO) option code but has since grown into one of the most recognizable three letters in Camaro automotive history. It may just be a coincidence that the RPO code for the Camaro Super Sport (SS) package was Z27 and that RPO Z28 just followed it sequentially or maybe not. Whatever the case may be it was nothing more and nothing less than a RPO option code at first.

I guess it is a lot better than ..Regular Production order.lol

Mooch

Jim2
01-27-2015, 02:04 AM

Mooch

"Sparrow" would be a cool name for a quick/fast little two seater.

Sparrows are cool. They're way faster than other birds, and they get around. And, when there's something to compete for, they get right in there and win! They do it with speed.. like when one sparrow takes food from a flock bigger birds... they just hop in there and snatch it, and then they're gone! Other birds don't even try to chase em, because they know they don't have a chance.

Jim2
01-27-2015, 02:11 AM
Lol,yea well this one has an intake an exaust up grade ,nothing like cleaning your filter instead of replaceing it.. and even stock thats comparable gas mileage to these battery powered cars that cost way more to fix..

Point being my motor is 450 at any salvage yard,one low resistance tire for a prius cost the same..

I can replace my whole car for 2000.00 prius batterypack is 3800 with out labor..

Those old CRXs are great cars. I knew a guy who had a mid-eighties version, maybe an '86, and that thing was pretty fast. Great handling too. I was with him when he crashed it, and that car took the hit pretty good too. The nose was all busted up, but we drove away from it... The way we went over that big ass curb at 60, I was surprised that the wheels still spun and the steering still worked.. I liked them ever since..

gtome
02-03-2015, 10:26 PM
My younger brother lives in Georgia, and he recently got a Nissan Leaf. He said there was a State credit, and a federal credit, that pretty much made the car free. I dont remember how long he said it took, but he did get some upgrade to the charger that makes it quicker, and something about solar cells on the roof to charge while hes at work. But his commute is mostly stop and go traffic in Atlanta, but isnt really that many miles. So of course at rest, they are using next to nothing. He said where he works is actually putting charging stations in as well. He seems to dig it.

On the other hand, my bro in law has a new girlfriend who has a Prius. He says they typically get 50 mpg, has a pretty good stereo and he says when its cold out it heats up super quick. He's a big boy too. 6'2" and Over 300 pounds. Never complains about being cramped.

Also I remember having a little VW diesel truck back just after high school. Seems like it was doing around the 50mpg mark. But what a turd!

Phil V
02-15-2015, 12:23 PM
The GM Bolt is a concept car (not available to the public and not yet ready for prime time). On the other had GM makes and sells the Chevy Spark EV, a full electric car with a reported 80 miles range from fully charged batteries.

I ran across this ad on craigslist a week ago and actually thought about buying the car just for the hell of it. It's also called the Spark EV (2008 model) but from my research it looks nothing like the first, second or third generation Chevy Spark AND it has electrical issues which based on the previous information parts may well be really hard to find to non existent. So I passed on buying the car.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/4808673334.html

The GM Spark is/was made in South Korea by Daewoo Motors (now a part of GM) and the parts should be relatively easy to get.

Len
02-15-2015, 01:51 PM
The GM Bolt is a concept car (not available to the public and not yet ready for prime time). On the other had GM makes and sells the Chevy Spark EV, a full electric car with a reported 80 miles range from fully charged batteries.

I ran across this ad on craigslist a week ago and actually thought about buying the car just for the hell of it. It's also called the Spark EV (2008 model) but from my research it looks nothing like the first, second or third generation Chevy Spark AND it has electrical issues which based on the previous information parts may well be really hard to find to non existent. So I passed on buying the car.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/4808673334.html

The GM Spark is/was made in South Korea by Daewoo Motors (now a part of GM) and the parts should be relatively easy to get.

I've been wondering what the difference in range is as the temperature drops. I'm sure if the car is advertised as having an 80 mile range it's under ideal conditions, I wonder what the rage is when the temperature hits 0 degrees F.

Phil V
02-16-2015, 12:04 PM
I've been wondering what the difference in range is as the temperature drops. I'm sure if the car is advertised as having an 80 mile range it's under ideal conditions, I wonder what the rage is when the temperature hits 0 degrees F.

Excellent question, Len. One that never occurred to me, so I did some research on electric cars and temperature effect on range of the vehicle. What I found shocked me (no pun intended). http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/03/20/cold-sharply-cuts-range-of-electric-vehicles/6622979/.

AAA says the range can drop by up to 57% at 20 deg. f. and drop 33% with temps in the 90's deg. f. range. I suspected the range would drop some as the temps went down but no idea it would be that much of a drop and I had no idea at all that range would drop as temperatures go up into the upper 90's deg's and higher.
Actually I thought the range would increase with warmer battery temps, sure was wrong on that one. Thanks, Len. Interesting question and I learned something much different than what I expected.

Mooch
02-16-2015, 12:58 PM
I didn't need to learn anything about electric cars . All you have to remember is the word ... JUNK . Maybe down the road a few years but not now .

Diesel on the other hand is the way to go .

Mooch

style
03-04-2015, 02:36 AM
with time a lot of cars depreciate, kinda like people they get all rusty and start falling apart first thing to go is the mind..

http://www.refinishnetwork.com/forum/5-shop-operations/2854-first-post

so let me get this straight phil you've been doing bodywork for 55years yet you found time to join the military too long enough to become retired from it...

Jim2
03-04-2015, 02:51 AM
I got stuck behind a Nissan "Leaf' the other day, while going up a hill... that thing was pissin me off!

It was quick getting out of the corners, but the driver was a prick, going slow in the straights.. I think he was doing it on purpose, that fukn prick.. Going up a steep hill, with 10 mph hairpin turns, I like to keep some momentum. This prick was actually doing 10 mph approaching the turns.. nobody drives that slow (except maybe Brian)... That fukr probably cost me a dollar worth of gas..

And on top of all that, the Nissan Leaf is one butt ugly car. I almost wanted to rear end it on principle alone. It doesn't even have a rear bumper.

style
03-04-2015, 02:59 AM
I got stuck behind a Nissan "Leaf' the other day, while going up a hill... that thing was pissin me off!

It was quick getting out of the corners, but the driver was a prick, going slow in the straights.. I think he was doing it on purpose, that fukn prick.. Going up a steep hill, with 10 mph hairpin turns, I like to keep some momentum. This prick was actually doing 10 mph approaching the turns.. nobody drives that slow (except maybe Brian)... That fukr probably cost me a dollar worth of gas..

And on top of all that, the Nissan Leaf is one butt ugly car. I almost wanted to rear end it on principle alone. It doesn't even have a rear bumper.
Lol.. Thats funny..

Jim2
03-04-2015, 03:05 AM
... of all the cars ever made, I think the Nissan Leaf should have the best rear bumper of all!
It needs it..

MARTINSR
03-04-2015, 10:16 AM

Yeah Jim, he saw his wife had called you on her cel phone and talked about the next time you and her could go have a sex romp at the local hotel. He got your address and the license to your car and sat in wait for you to come down the road so he could screw with you over your affair with his wife. :?

Yeah, he was out to get you like all people who get in your way on the road.:nono:

Brian

Jim2
03-06-2015, 02:34 AM
Yeah Jim, he saw his wife had called you on her cel phone and talked about the next time you and her could go have a sex romp at the local hotel. He got your address and the license to your car and sat in wait for you to come down the road so he could screw with you over your affair with his wife. :?

Yeah, he was out to get you like all people who get in your way on the road.:nono:

Brian

Lol Brian, you sure do have an active imagination.. Actually, I thought of you when I was stuck behind that leaf... I could picture you just toolin along, checkin out the scenery, la-de-da...

I was only a minute away from where I was going, so I didn't try to pass, but what I said about momentum in the turn is real. I'm not talking about going fast, but my truck likes a little momentum coming out of a hairpin turn, while going on a hill...

Electric cars jump out of sharp corners with ease..

Phil V
03-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Lol Brian, you sure do have an active imagination.. Actually, I thought of you when I was stuck behind that leaf... I could picture you just toolin along, checkin out the scenery, la-de-da...

I was only a minute away from where I was going, so I didn't try to pass, but what I said about momentum in the turn is real. I'm not talking about going fast, but my truck likes a little momentum coming out of a hairpin turn, while going on a hill...

Brian kind of sound like Mr. Magoo's driving of cartoon fame. " la di da di da, Oh My !"

MARTINSR
03-06-2015, 09:48 AM

Every time someone says how other cars are "holding them back" I have to laugh. Especially when they are in the way of the car behind them that is thinking the same thing! LOLOL There is someone behind you calling you names every day because you aren't doing exactly what they want in this "line dance" you bone heads think is going on. :nono:

Brian

Jim2
03-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Every time someone says how other cars are "holding them back" I have to laugh. Especially when they are in the way of the car behind them that is thinking the same thing! LOLOL There is someone behind you calling you names every day because you aren't doing exactly what they want in this "line dance" you bone heads think is going on. :nono:

Brian

I disagree Brian.

When I get caught behind a rolling roadblock, I'm only pissed at the car "in the very front" who's holding everyone up. Everyone else in the line is just stuck too. It's not their fault.

Another one of my pet peeves is when people take too long to take off from a red light. Or if they leave a ten second gap while approaching a green light.

Now, that "Leaf" on the other hand, that thing was barely going the speed limit. Maybe even less...

When I see someone catch up behind me, I speed up or move over. But I guess you don't think like that.. do you even look in your rearview mirror at all?

MARTINSR
03-08-2015, 03:08 AM
I disagree Brian.

When I get caught behind a rolling roadblock, I'm only pissed at the car "in the very front" who's holding everyone up. Everyone else in the line is just stuck too. It's not their fault.

Another one of my pet peeves is when people take too long to take off from a red light. Or if they leave a ten second gap while approaching a green light.

Now, that "Leaf" on the other hand, that thing was barely going the speed limit. Maybe even less...

When I see someone catch up behind me, I speed up or move over. But I guess you don't think like that.. do you even look in your rearview mirror at all?

People like you give me a lot of entertainment. SECONDS you are talking about SECONDS geeeeez, spend your time looking up at the clouds or the amazing trees or flowers.

SECONDS is all you are talking about! If that, usually we aren't talking about ANY loss of time because you would have ended up next to the same car at the light even if you got past him. Geeeez:nono:

Brian

Phil V
03-08-2015, 10:46 AM
quote from Brian -- "People like you give me a lot of entertainment. SECONDS you are talking about SECONDS geeeeez, spend your time looking up at the clouds or the amazing trees or flowers. " (end quote).

HOW ABOUT KEEPING YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD AND STAYING FOCUSED AS A RESPONSIBLE DRIVER, IF NOT FOR YOURSELF THEN FOR THE SAFETY OF THE OTHER PEOPLE SHARING THE SAME ROAD YOU'RE ON ?

MARTINSR
03-08-2015, 12:26 PM
quote from Brian -- "People like you give me a lot of entertainment. SECONDS you are talking about SECONDS geeeeez, spend your time looking up at the clouds or the amazing trees or flowers. " (end quote).

HOW ABOUT KEEPING YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD AND STAYING FOCUSED AS A RESPONSIBLE DRIVER, IF NOT FOR YOURSELF THEN FOR THE SAFETY OF THE OTHER PEOPLE SHARING THE SAME ROAD YOU'RE ON ?

What in living hell are you talking about? Phil, you are one of those too, people get in "your way" geeez, poor up tight ****ers. Phil, you leave a little room and you don't need to be staring at the brake lights of the car in front of you! My God you guys are ****ed up.

Brian

Jim2
03-08-2015, 01:34 PM
People like you give me a lot of entertainment. SECONDS you are talking about SECONDS geeeeez, spend your time looking up at the clouds or the amazing trees or flowers.

SECONDS is all you are talking about! If that, usually we aren't talking about ANY loss of time because you would have ended up next to the same car at the light even if you got past him. Geeeez:nono:

Brian

spend your time looking up at the clouds or the amazing trees or flowers.

That's why I like to be a passenger sometimes Brian..

Phil was right. When you're driving, you should be watching the road.

"Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!" And if you want to go sightseeing, take the damn bus.

MARTINSR
03-08-2015, 01:39 PM
That's why I like to be a passenger sometimes Brian..

Phil was right. When you're driving, you should be watching the road.

"Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!" And if you want to go sightseeing, take the damn bus.

You guys are sad, if you have no clue how to drive, stare at the brake lights of the car in front of you.:redface:

Brian

Jim2
03-08-2015, 01:46 PM
You guys are sad, if you have no clue how to drive, stare at the brake lights of the car in front of you.:redface:

Brian

I never stare at the brake lights Brian. I look over, under, around, and through the car ahead of me to see what's coming up.

And sometimes I check my mirror to see if anyone is catching up from behind. If I see someone who's going faster than me, I let em pass.

Phil V
03-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Mr, Magoo -- La di da di da di da, Oh my ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GTHXTEvIc

MARTINSR
03-08-2015, 08:01 PM
I will try to explain this again. Though neither of you have the commonsense of a ****ing house cat.

I drive the speed limit or above, just as fast as you guys. I drive WITH traffic. If you don't understand this, I know it's complex stuff, I will explain. You see I drive the same speed as the cars in front of me. It comes down to the basic science principle "To masses can not occupy the same space at the same time", I can't go faster than that car because it's in my way and it and my car are two different masses, so I can't go through them like in your crazy sick minds.

Now here is the thing that will throw you, I know it's deep, but I leave a lot of room between me and them. Whew, I know this is hard to grasp with your limited minds but here goes.

If I am 200 feet behind the car in front of me that means at 65 miles per hour I am roughly 2 seconds behind that car. You can use this calculator to figure it out, if you can figure out how to use the calculator that is. http://www.calculateme.com/Speed/FeetperSecond/ToMilesperHour.htm

But I usually leave it back to 400 feet or so. Never worrying for a second how far away they are from me. Because you see, I know it's hard to grasp to you guys but it won't change a thing in how fast I arrive. You can drive like hell and get to your destination and while you are blowing your nose before you get out I will pull my Rambler up along the side of you to say hi. That is one of the problems with tiny little minds like yours, they have a twisted image of time.

Soooooooo, I am two-4-20 seconds behind him, not only that, it leaves me a better view around him to what he may be doing in the future. I have a complete view of the road too! I can take a quick gaze at that amazing Hawk on the fence post or those amazing clouds that are natural art, so beautiful.

So you see, I am not holding back anyone or taking longer to get where I am going, well, come on now unless we are talking about those two seconds. But I can live with it, I'll just throw away those two seconds so I can see the beautiful sites and live another day to hug my wife and kids.

But please, don't change how you drive, you boneheads put food on my table.

Brian

Jim2
03-08-2015, 08:42 PM
I will try to explain this again. Though neither of you have the commonsense of a ****ing house cat.

I drive the speed limit or above, just as fast as you guys. I drive WITH traffic. If you don't understand this, I know it's complex stuff, I will explain. You see I drive the same speed as the cars in front of me. It comes down to the basic science principle "To masses can not occupy the same space at the same time", I can't go faster than that car because it's in my way and it and my car are two different masses, so I can't go through them like in your crazy sick minds.

Now here is the thing that will throw you, I know it's deep, but I leave a lot of room between me and them. Whew, I know this is hard to grasp with your limited minds but here goes.

If I am 200 feet behind the car in front of me that means at 65 miles per hour I am roughly 2 seconds behind that car. You can use this calculator to figure it out, if you can figure out how to use the calculator that is. http://www.calculateme.com/Speed/FeetperSecond/ToMilesperHour.htm

But I usually leave it back to 400 feet or so. Never worrying for a second how far away they are from me. Because you see, I know it's hard to grasp to you guys but it won't change a thing in how fast I arrive. You can drive like hell and get to your destination and while you are blowing your nose before you get out I will pull my Rambler up along the side of you to say hi. That is one of the problems with tiny little minds like yours, they have a twisted image of time.

Soooooooo, I am two-4-20 seconds behind him, not only that, it leaves me a better view around him to what he may be doing in the future. I have a complete view of the road too! I can take a quick gaze at that amazing Hawk on the fence post or those amazing clouds that are natural art, so beautiful.

So you see, I am not holding back anyone or taking longer to get where I am going, well, come on now unless we are talking about those two seconds. But I can live with it, I'll just throw away those two seconds so I can see the beautiful sites and live another day to hug my wife and kids.

But please, don't change how you drive, you boneheads put food on my table.

Brian

heheh, it's just fun to get you riled up Brian.

If you leave more than a football field in front of you, even at highway speeds, you're absolutely doing it wrong.

...unless you're doing it in the right lane. You can do whatever you want over there.

MARTINSR
03-08-2015, 08:48 PM
heheh, it's just fun to get you riled up Brian.

If you leave more than a football field in front of you, even at highway speeds, you're absolutely doing it wrong.

...unless you're doing it in the right lane. You can do whatever you want over there.

Jim, how in the **** do you figure that? So the **** what how far it is, I am going WITH traffic, jeeeez you are a pain in the ass.

Brian

Phil V
03-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Brian, you're going to have to switch to decaff for sure.

Jim, just watch, tomorrow Brian is going to jump in his Rambler, rev up the engine a couple times then speed off into the fast lane tail gating a Porsche Carrera GT3 just to show you he can do it. LOL.

MARTINSR
03-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Brian, you're going to have to switch to decaff for sure.

Jim, just watch, tomorrow Brian is going to jump in his Rambler, rev up the engine a couple times then speed off into the fast lane tail gating a Porsche Carrera GT3 just to show you he can do it. LOL.

Shit, you guys are my caffeine! And you bet I will, I got the U joints changed so she doesn't have any vibration like she did. I took her out on the freeway after doing it and brought her up to 70!

Brian

Mooch
03-08-2015, 11:00 PM
If I ever get behind that pos rambler in my F350 he will get the hell out of the way or I will push him off the road .

Keep your eyes on the road asshole . I bet you even tex and drive .

Mooch

MARTINSR
03-08-2015, 11:03 PM
If I ever get behind that pos rambler in my F350 he will get the hell out of the way or I will push him off the road .

Keep your eyes on the road asshole . I bet you even tex and drive .

Mooch

You talking Tex Ritter?

Brian

http://images2.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:mtv.com:/crop-images/2013/09/06/Tex%20Ritter%20Getty%20FPG%201938.jpg?enlarge=fals e&maxdimension=1300&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

Mooch
03-08-2015, 11:11 PM
You talking Tex Ritter?

Brian

http://images2.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:mtv.com:/crop-images/2013/09/06/Tex%20Ritter%20Getty%20FPG%201938.jpg?enlarge=fals e&maxdimension=1300&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

Yep ...I always like him as a kid .

Mooch

Jim2
03-09-2015, 01:25 AM
Shit, you guys are my caffeine! And you bet I will, I got the U joints changed so she doesn't have any vibration like she did. I took her out on the freeway after doing it and brought her up to 70!

Brian

Lmao, that's the spirit Brian! Be sure to post a vid on youtube, otherwise I won't believe it ;)

Jim2
03-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Brian, you're going to have to switch to decaff for sure....

Lmao Phil!