PDA

View Full Version : Makita BO6040 Speed?

TheCoatingStore.com

69-er
12-13-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm done buffing with my Makita 9227C; started with Mystic Cut and a wool pad and then went to an orange pad, both times at 1500 RPM.

What would be the recommended speed, (in forced rotation mode), of the BO6040 using a black pad, also using Mystic cut? If it helps with the swirl marks, I also have some Mystic Polish I might try with the black pad.

Len
12-13-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm done buffing with my Makita 9227C; started with Mystic Cut and a wool pad and then went to an orange pad, both times at 1500 RPM.

What would be the recommended speed, (in forced rotation mode), of the BO6040 using a black pad, also using Mystic cut? If it helps with the swirl marks, I also have some Mystic Polish I might try with the black pad.

When polishing with a 6040 or a rotary buffer like the 9227 the same principals apply... If you are buffing a hard paint and need to remove some of the material to get the result you want then you would need to use a slower rotation and more pressure on the pad. If you are polishing a softer paint and/or only want to do a light polishing then increase the speed and don't put as much pressure on the pad. If you don't know where to begin then apply only a light pressure in the forced rotation mode and make adjustments according to the results you're getting.