PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Buffing/Polishing Products?

TheCoatingStore.com

1fastnovass
03-05-2014, 12:37 PM
I am going to be wet sanding and buffing my paint job and need advise. I am looking for your opinion on the difference between Meguiar's line of line of products found in auto parts stores and stuff the pros use like Wizard's. This car will be polished once with this products and maintained with regular polish/wax after since its not a show car and is only driven on weekends and stored in the garage. I don't want to spend a lot on Wizard's or 3M stuff (to be used once and sit on the shelf since most of those products come in 32oz (large) bottles. Can anyone tell me what I should use? I have a buffer with a foam pad. I am thinking of maybe buying a soft wool pad and the polishing products.

Thanks
Ed

Len
03-05-2014, 02:07 PM
It's been a long time since I used Meguiars products but I gave a half dozen products a good test and I didn't like any of them. They either hid the surface scratches under a coat of lubricant or took too long to do the work. But that was several years ago and they may have improved by now.

1fastnovass
03-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Difference between Mystic Cut, Finish Cut and Turbo Cut? Do these need to be followed by another product during the buffing process or are these a 1 step product followed by the final wax? Thanks

Len
03-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Difference between Mystic Cut, Finish Cut and Turbo Cut? Do these need to be followed by another product during the buffing process or are these a 1 step product followed by the final wax? Thanks

We've been using the Mystic Cut and we only need one polishing step. I put the other products in the store because I've had requests for them but I haven't used them myself.