PDA

View Full Version : why would a hvlp spray gun pee out fluid rather than spray

unknown_issues_spraygun
08-06-2013, 07:36 AM
I was spraying a car yesterday it was going on fine the hood turned out good and the passenger fender as well but then when I lined up for the shot down the side of the car below the side windows the spray gun started peeing out of the gun rather then a firm spray unfortunately I couldn't catch it in time as for it was still in a spray pattern and could not see it till i caught it in the light towards the end of the car and now theres heeps of runs down the car.

could this had been caused by a clogged tip, if you ever want to see how that looks just put some fluid in the gun with no air hose and squeeze the trigger you can see the fluid squirt out but now ad some pressure to it like a jet stream.

thank you for any help

Len
08-06-2013, 12:26 PM
I was spraying a car yesterday it was going on fine the hood turned out good and the passenger fender as well but then when I lined up for the shot down the side of the car below the side windows the spray gun started peeing out of the gun rather then a firm spray unfortunately I couldn't catch it in time as for it was still in a spray pattern and could not see it till i caught it in the light towards the end of the car and now theres heeps of runs down the car.

could this had been caused by a clogged tip, if you ever want to see how that looks just put some fluid in the gun with no air hose and squeeze the trigger you can see the fluid squirt out but now ad some pressure to it like a jet stream.

thank you for any help

It sounds like it could be a clogged tip but it's difficult to say. Be sure you disassemble the gun and watch the spray gun cleaning video at the top of the General Discussion forum.

unknown_issues_spraygun
08-06-2013, 05:33 PM
i have used this today and now working normal lol had to be a clogged tip thank you for your responce

SamG
08-07-2013, 05:28 PM
A sudden loss in air pressure (such as a kinked hose) will do the same thing...you'll go from fan to pee before you can correct it.

unknown_issues_spraygun
08-07-2013, 07:35 PM
A sudden loss in air pressure (such as a kinked hose) will do the same thing...you'll go from fan to pee before you can correct it.

I think your rite and i think your on the money about it and what happened i adjusted the air tank to 29 psi but i dont think that tank can put out steady psi cause of its age and there after when i shot it again i just grabbed the knob and turn it up so i could pump my tires up and forgot to turn it back down which in return could cause it to spray better and not piss out GREAT ANSWER BRO..and stupid me may have answered my own question and didn't realise it till now you said something

ok i will change my name to owner has issues lmao:?

could this had been caused by a clogged tip, if you ever want to see how that looks just put some fluid in the gun with 8o no air hose and squeeze the trigger you can see the fluid squirt out but now ad some pressure to it like a jet stream.:? stupid me brings his own :gloomy: rain cloud um dua lmao

thank you for any help

Len
08-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I think your rite and i think your on the money about it and what happened i adjusted the air tank to 29 psi but i dont think that tank can put out steady psi cause of its age and there after when i shot it again i just grabbed the knob and turn it up so i could pump my tires up and forgot to turn it back down which in return could cause it to spray better and not piss out GREAT ANSWER BRO..and stupid me may have answered my own question and didn't realise it till now you said something

ok i will change my name to owner has issues lmao:?

could this had been caused by a clogged tip, if you ever want to see how that looks just put some fluid in the gun with 8o no air hose and squeeze the trigger you can see the fluid squirt out but now ad some pressure to it like a jet stream.:? stupid me brings his own :gloomy: rain cloud um dua lmao

thank you for any help

Is there still air blowing out of the gun when it's peeing?

unknown_issues_spraygun
08-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Is there still air blowing out of the gun when it's peeing?

adjusting fan screw so about 8-10 inches away it would spray out in between my index finger and my thumb with my hand wide open and it would put out a super jet peeing like kids super soaker water gun at the same time and yes i did notice a change in the sound of the air but didnt really pay much attention to it