PDA

View Full Version : shot it or shoot me!

TheCoatingStore.com

Tommy MM
11-18-2012, 11:43 AM
I just shot a pannel with clear coat, Matrix 42 it come out some what nice. Porblem when i was shooting the clear, i noticed small pieces of what looks like clear comming out of the gun. I thought i cleaned the gun down really good, but i guess i didnt. I use a sata 2000 just for clear. What would be the roughest da paper i can use to cut them out.And what grits in order would you use?. One small question sorry, i bought from Len the foam buffing pads a while back and ,what is the orange pad for and the black pad for thanks your help is needed.

Len
11-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I just shot a pannel with clear coat, Matrix 42 it come out some what nice. Porblem when i was shooting the clear, i noticed small pieces of what looks like clear comming out of the gun. I thought i cleaned the gun down really good, but i guess i didnt. I use a sata 2000 just for clear. What would be the roughest da paper i can use to cut them out.And what grits in order would you use?. One small question sorry, i bought from Len the foam buffing pads a while back and ,what is the orange pad for and the black pad for thanks your help is needed.

If the problem is small you may be able to block them smooth with a little 1000 or 1200 wet paper then 1500 and 2500 before buffing but if it's over a larger area it usually pays to go over the nibs with a Nib File to remove the high spot then sand it with some 1500 and 2500 before buffing.

When you start buffing you will usually want to start using a slow rotation and a little pressure on the orange pad until the surface is glossy and if you're generating swirls in the finish then switch to the black pad using a finer polish, higher speed and a lighter touch.

Check out the gun cleaning video at the top of the General Discussion forum.

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/NibFile.jpg
Nib File Link (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ABS&Category_Code=PSH)