PDA

View Full Version : Final polishing with foam pad and wiping down

TheCoatingStore.com

80grit
10-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Ive begun the process of final polishing with foam pad/sure finish on bc/cc black. I'm having to use more polish to keep the pad running smooth, and that leaves polish that has to be wiped away. What's the best material to do this? Old cotton t-shirts are leaving scratches...or there is some sort of contaminate. You probably wouldn't be able to see it with any other color.

I just need some advice on how to clean up after foam pad polishing without making new scratches.

paintpitlion
10-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Ive begun the process of final polishing with foam pad/sure finish on bc/cc black. I'm having to use more polish to keep the pad running smooth, and that leaves polish that has to be wiped away. What's the best material to do this? Old cotton t-shirts are leaving scratches...or there is some sort of contaminate. You probably wouldn't be able to see it with any other color.

I just need some advice on how to clean up after foam pad polishing without making new scratches.

Use a micro fiber cloth !! You can get them anywhere, even wal-mart has them.

Len
10-26-2012, 08:35 PM

Try spraying a little water on the surface while you're buffing, this should lessen the amount of polish needed but it depends on the characteristics of the polish you're using.

If you used a clear that gets real hard there is less chance of the cloth making marks in the surface. Depending on the paint and the polish you may need to "glaze" the vehicle to remove the marks.

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/P133632.jpg
Link (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ABS&Product_Code=P133632&Category_Code=M3)