PDA

View Full Version : Wizards Mystic Cut

TheCoatingStore.com

Len
04-24-2012, 07:18 AM
We are finishing up a big Corvette job and started using Wizards Mystic Cut compound that was recommended to by Robert.
My main man Mike is very fussy about his work so he's a good tester for any new products and he loves this stuff.
The Mystic Cut is fast without leaving deep swirls like other fast compounds.... great stuff.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af333/AutoBodyStore/vettebuff.jpg

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/wiz11048.jpg
Mystic Cut Link (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ABS&Product_Code=WIZ11048&Category_Code=M3)

junk
04-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I've used wizards products for years. I don't do a lot of buffing, but I love the stuff. One thing I liked was it seems to clean up pretty well when you get done. I also had less concerns with burn through. Just seemed like it worked better. Now I've never done a lot of buffing, but I really liked the wizards stuff over the other products I had used.

Robert
04-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Try that Mystic Cut with the purple wool pad and backing plate I sent awhile ago. Season the pad then just use enough polish for a slight residue. Cut from top left to bottom right and the panels will be clean when you're done. Call if you want.

All the best,
Robert

PS: Bug Len about getting you a headlamp so you can see what the hell you're doing!

Ranchero_65
04-26-2012, 05:39 PM
IS this Your product Robert ?

Len
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
IS this Your product Robert ?

Robert experiments with different products and when he finds something good he lets me know and I get some to use in my shop. This isn't his product, it's his discovery.

Mike77-CJ7
04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Try that Mystic Cut with the purple wool pad and backing plate I sent awhile ago. Season the pad then just use enough polish for a slight residue. Cut from top left to bottom right and the panels will be clean when you're done. Call if you want.

All the best,
Robert

PS: Bug Len about getting you a headlamp so you can see what the hell you're doing!

Hi Bob

I can,t believe how nice my work comes out using Mystic Cut.
I still haven,t spent much time with a wool pad yet,but I still have the doors to do .
This car will be a nice weekend cruiser.

Thanks

Mike

btday
05-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Len, do you carry the purple wool pad that Bob recommends?

Thanks.

Len
05-07-2012, 02:07 PM

Thanks.

No, I don't know who makes it but I'll ask Bob and see if I can get it.

LS6
05-07-2012, 05:59 PM
No, I don't know who makes it but I'll ask Bob and see if I can get it.

Len,
The pad is made by http://www.lakecountrymfg.com It is a " foamed wool pad. " It's made of lambs wool. You can find it here ..... http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/products/index.cfm/catid/1/wool-pads
LS6

btday
05-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Neat. Looks like a hybrid of wool and foam, theoretically providing the benefits of both (wool cutting with minimal pad-like residue).

Len, if you can get some I'll wait to buy from you and try it out on some black 2-stage.

Brian

Len
05-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Neat. Looks like a hybrid of wool and foam, theoretically providing the benefits of both (wool cutting with minimal pad-like residue).

Len, if you can get some I'll wait to buy from you and try it out on some black 2-stage.

Brian

I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know what I find.

tbm3fan
05-08-2012, 01:29 AM
interested also...

Ron-M
05-08-2012, 09:04 AM
I've used the LC purple foamed wool pads quite a bit and really like them with the Flex 3401. I prime the pad then let it set a few minutes to really soak in, then turn the machine on and blow out the excess with compressed air. Only takes a little product after that. I blow out any pad I'm using very often until I put a fresh pad on. It pays dividends in the end finish.

I'll have to order some of the mystic cut soon and see what its all about. I like trying new products, especially if they work.

Len
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I have some of the 6" foamed wool pads coming they will be the hook and loop pads without the hole. They are linked below and I should have them by 5/11/12.

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/lc58-426.jpg
LINK (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ABS&Product_Code=LC58-426&Category_Code=T2)

btday
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks Len will order some up. They don't carry a 3" version that you can get by chance?

Brian

Len
05-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks Len will order some up. They don't carry a 3" version that you can get by chance?

Brian

They sent me a couple different 3" sample pads about a year ago, I'll check to see if I have one of this type and let you know.

Robert
05-11-2012, 08:35 AM
wizard is nothing new. been around it for about 5 yrs. ok stuff. 8)

They weren't making this 5 years ago - the abrasives weren't even available - this is a next generation product.

Robert

Len
05-11-2012, 05:51 PM

Thanks.

If you want'em I got'em.

ARDan
05-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I got my Wizard Mystic Cut and Orange buffing pad and gave them a try today. Worked great on PPG Concept Black - left a scratch free surface (with my eye down on it from about 3 inches) and seems pretty swirl free. Works much better than the Norton Liquid Glass product I had been using. The orange pad is stiff and I had to be careful using it on my Cobra doors as it was prone to chatter and shaking my folding stand if I didn't carefully keep it on edge. It shouldn't be a problem on the main body. I also ordered a black pad which should work as a finessing pad

Thanks Len and Robert

Robert
05-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Robert don't go there. Not a new awakening by any means....bored

Seriously? "...don't go there." Someone has to so people don't have to rely on those too bored to make the effort.

Robert

Len
05-13-2012, 12:31 PM

Brian

Brian
I found a new 3" purple pad that I'll send (no-charge) if you order the 6" purple pad.

Henry
05-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Robert don't go there. Not a new awakening by any means....bored

You're always asking me things, so this time, I'll ask you.

I don't understand your message to Robert. I'm lost because I thought we were talking about a product.

Henry

btday
05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Great, thanks Len, just ordered some up.

I just finished one black (base/clear) panel with Sure Finish. It worked well but I definitely had to go over certain sections a few times to remove all of the 2500 grit scratches. However, I'm using the small 3" CP pneumatic polisher I got from you (it's a small motorcycle panel) so am guessing the extra work is to be expected (compared to using the larger Makita with larger pad).

I'll give the Mystic Cut and new pads a try on the other panels I'm working on and report back.

Robert
05-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Great, thanks Len, just ordered some up.

I just finished one black (base/clear) panel with Sure Finish. It worked well but I definitely had to go over certain sections a few times to remove all of the 2500 grit scratches. However, I'm using the small 3" CP pneumatic polisher I got from you (it's a small motorcycle panel) so am guessing the extra work is to be expected (compared to using the larger Makita with larger pad).

I'll give the Mystic Cut and new pads a try on the other panels I'm working on and report back.

Make your first cut with the Mystic then go back over with Sure Finish and, please, let us know what you think.

Robert

btday
05-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Ok, will do.

So first cut with mystic and purple wool/foam pad and then SF with the orange? Or would that be almost redundant and I should jump to the black?

Thanks Robert. I sure enjoyed your DVD and have watched the color sanding section 3 times so far.

Brian

Robert
05-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Ok, will do.

So first cut with mystic and purple wool/foam pad and then SF with the orange? Or would that be almost redundant and I should jump to the black?

Thanks Robert. I sure enjoyed your DVD and have watched the color sanding section 3 times so far.

Brian

I use the orange pad for finishing but I'm running it on the Makita 6040 so it might be a better idea to switch to black with the Sure Finish.

I'm glad you liked the video and I'm looking forward to reading how this works out.

Take Care,
Robert

Mooch
05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
I thought your tape .Detailing for Enthusiasts was well made Robert .

I enjoyed watching it ... Mooch

Robert
05-15-2012, 10:00 PM
I've changed a few things since then but it's still pretty much what I do.

Take Care,
Robert

Henry
05-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Robert don't take it personal. This is no new product. Body shop 1/2 mile up the rode has been using mystic for at least 5 yrs. They were the distributor for this area for a long time up until recently. Mystic makes a neat squeegee too. I have had it for years. You make like it is brand spanking new stuff never before seen or used. When I said don't go there I mean don't make like it has just came out.....you can plug it all you want just don't make it out to be anything new. Maybe it just made it out west this week I don't know about that but it has been in the south for quite awhile. Sorry if it rubbed you wrong. I do respect your expertise. :)

Henry.....hush.

You little rodent. You don't tell me HUSH. I've had it with you trying to correct me, edit what I say and to whom I say it via PM.

One would think if you wanted to challenge Robert you would do it privately via PM not that Robert is wrong but you embarrassingly are wrong. Yes YOU are wrong you pimple headed little twit and here are the facts about Wizard MYSTIC CUT (and run down the road and tell your friends too).

MYSTIC CUT by Wizard was FIRST introduced at SEMA 2010 for the first time but was not ready for sale and full production until the end of 2010 - 2011. SO, shove that up your ass and shut your stupid mouth.

Robert is a big boy and can take care of himself. I had to write this reply because I didn't mess with you but you find the need to tell me "HUSH"? You're a little punk!

Henry

Henry
05-16-2012, 12:03 PM
lol!!!!!!!

Henry the disallusioned....

Thought you'd shut up with the truth. What's the matter have no comment on how old Mystic Cut is? You should feel like a real jerk right now.

Henry

Mooch
05-16-2012, 01:52 PM
I sent the company an e mail trying to head any arguments and just received the answer .

The company has been in business since 1986 but this product with the Nano Tech is new . Heres the answer ..I sent the question this morning and just got the answer ..pretty damn good .

Thank you for your inquiry, Mystic first hit shelves April of 2011.

Kathy McTaggart

Wizards Products

800-356-7223

kathym@wizardsproducts.comWe will let you go on this one Tim ,after all you are from Alabama .

Mooch lol

Henry
05-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I sent the company an e mail trying to head any arguments and just received the answer .

The company has been in business since 1986 but this product with the Nano Tech is new . Heres the answer ..I sent the question this morning and just got the answer ..pretty damn good .

We will let you go on this one Tim ,after all you are from Alabama .

Mooch lol

Big mouth pissed me off so much today that I had no time for emails. I phoned and spoke with a Director of Products and Sales. I even paid for the call at:

Office: 763-497-5155

Remember when he used to include excerps from the Bible? Now, he's forgotten anything he read in the Bible and forgot how to act like a man.

Henry

Chevman
05-16-2012, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7hsWIsedA

slows10
05-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Henry I gotta say your my new hero. I know I disagreed with you last week and I didnt really mean anything by it. But your last 2 posts nailed it man. More people on more forums think that guy is an idiot, a world class fool really. I thought I told it like it is, but it is nice to see someone finally hammer it in. I thought this forum was a bit rough around the edges when I first joined but now I understand when one of the kids need a scolding on here, they will get it especially when they are completely wrong to a guy like robert.

Henry
05-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Henry I gotta say your my new hero. I know I disagreed with you last week and I didnt really mean anything by it. But your last 2 posts nailed it man. More people on more forums think that guy is an idiot, a world class fool really. I thought I told it like it is, but it is nice to see someone finally hammer it in. I thought this forum was a bit rough around the edges when I first joined but now I understand when one of the kids need a scolding on here, they will get it especially when they are completely wrong to a guy like robert.

Thanks for the words but arguing with people, especially on Len's $$, is foolish.

I'll be honest with you. I found this site while trying to search out guns about 15+ years ago. Been active here since AND I keep learning new things. I don't deal with other forums and I'm sure there are more out there that are good. I stay here because I TRUST this site and the information I learn here. Also, through the years I've seen tons of new people come here and produce projects that have won trophies when they got done.
I sit back and read this forum and keep seeing more new people from around the world with projects that are important to them. The information they (we) come here to learn or share should be accurate and I think Len, Robert and other Pros and non Pros keep it as accurate as possible.

The real beauty is what Len sells in the store are products he has used himself in his own custom shop. This makes him, who holds sandpaper in his hands and gets dirty the way we all do, steps above a salesperson. No hard sell here but very competative prices, good service, lots of learning and a great bunch of board members like you and me. Take care.

Henry

Henry
05-17-2012, 10:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7hsWIsedA

Thanks for the LINK.

Here's another link to the SEMA 2010 show introducing Mystic Cut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9GGolBX1A&feature=related

Henry

Len
05-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Here is the squeegee I got for free years ago when I FIRST saw MYSTIC CUT on the shelf.They might have changed it but mystic cut has been around for years. Henry even traced back to 2010. Unlike henry...I can admit IF I am wrong but I don't act like henry (makes me laugh) period. Thank God. Slow is as slow does. Troll on I have been busy working today and won't be back until later. So Robert what happened to the one product and different pads you invented. Is that still on? I will buy your video because I respect you. Hope you can forgive me. I made a couple of simple statements from my own experience yrs ago. :)

We still sell Robert's Sure Finish, it's less aggressive than the Mystic Cut but it produces about the same result it just takes longer. As far as the pads go we still carry the Sure Finish wool and foam pads as well as a new purple "Foamed Wool Pad" that Robert turned us on to.

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/lc58-426.jpg
LINK (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ABS&Product_Code=LC58-426&Category_Code=T2)

Robert
05-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Here is the squeegee I got for free years ago when I FIRST saw MYSTIC CUT on the shelf.They might have changed it but mystic cut has been around for years. Henry even traced back to 2010. Unlike henry...I can admit IF I am wrong but I don't act like henry (makes me laugh) period. Thank God. Slow is as slow does. Troll on I have been busy working today and won't be back until later. So Robert what happened to the one product and different pads you invented. Is that still on? I will buy your video because I respect you. Hope you can forgive me. I made a couple of simple statements from my own experience yrs ago. :)

No one can keep up with every change in every product line. We all have problems with target selection but thanks for helping me find out how well covered I am, lol.

The Mystic and a couple of others cut faster but the Sure Finish will do most normal paint correction safely and more than fast enough.

Robert

Robert
05-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the words but arguing with people, especially on Len's $$, is foolish.

I'll be honest with you. I found this site while trying to search out guns about 15+ years ago. Been active here since AND I keep learning new things. I don't deal with other forums and I'm sure there are more out there that are good. I stay here because I TRUST this site and the information I learn here. Also, through the years I've seen tons of new people come here and produce projects that have won trophies when they got done.
I sit back and read this forum and keep seeing more new people from around the world with projects that are important to them. The information they (we) come here to learn or share should be accurate and I think Len, Robert and other Pros and non Pros keep it as accurate as possible.

The real beauty is what Len sells in the store are products he has used himself in his own custom shop. This makes him, who holds sandpaper in his hands and gets dirty the way we all do, steps above a salesperson. No hard sell here but very competative prices, good service, lots of learning and a great bunch of board members like you and me. Take care.

Henry

On behalf of myself, thank you. As an aside, well said.

Robert

Chevman
05-18-2012, 03:52 AM
Seems like a lot of mental anguish over nothing here. I don't think anyone said that the Wizards company is new, they just have a new product.
These are testimonials from their web site.

"I have owned and operated an autobody repair business for 15 years. I have used Wizards Products for the last 6 years. Love them! Safe for my shop. I sand and buff most of my paint jobs from a 2000 to a 3000 grit wet sand. I use Turbo Cut, Finish Cut and Shine Master with your buffing pads and finish with Mist-N-Shine. I get a perfect shine that will stay."

-Corey Kuhlemeier
Kuhlemeier Auto Sales
Rudd, IA
www.kuhlemeierautosales.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I own Hank's Auto Refinishing and have been in business for 12 years. I've used Wizards Products the entire time. I like that your products are bodyshop safe. I love the Mist-N-Shine, it's great for the shop and for use at car shows and cruises. Shine Master gives me a very slick finish that my customers love and always ask how you get the paint so slippery smooth."

-Henry Skocz
Hank's Auto Refinishing
Butler, PA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is my 1967 Mustang. I have had this car since I was 15 (29 years). It was cut, buffed and polished all with Wizards in 2007. That is why I became a dealer!"

-Andy Dunn
Dunn's Auto & Machine
Beloit, WI

Robert
05-21-2012, 05:21 AM
I can afford to be nice. Mostly. Thanks all.

wetstuff
05-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Just some feedback from a civilian... This is the first compound I can remember that didn't leave me with a massive cleanup effort on those textured, matte plastic trims. I am too lazy and time
constrained to mask the trim. This simply washes off. Even in those door seams and cracks - you simply hose it out with a little pressure. For me, it's a helluva lot easier to wash the car 3X than tape it. Do they make a similar -washable- item in a less aggressive grade?

Jim

Robert
05-31-2012, 09:11 AM
That's supposed to be less aggressive. Though I've never tried it, I'd expect it to work based on the Mystic Cut, it's supposed to work in concert.

Robert

dlmrun2002
06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I am curious to the final grit you used before you went to buff with Mystic. I just used used some 1500 grit to remove some scratches and I wanted to try out my new Mystic. I polished out with some Presta Utlra Polish which I've had great luck with when using Presta Compound. I noticed some slight scratches and not as good of a gloss with Mystic/ Ultra as opposed to Ultra/ Ultra. Maybe I did the test too late tonight. Will give it a more thorough test tomorrow.
Doug M ny country
Thanks
DLM

Len
06-02-2012, 09:35 PM
I am curious to the final grit you used before you went to buff with Mystic. I just used used some 1500 grit to remove some scratches and I wanted to try out my new Mystic. I polished out with some Presta Utlra Polish which I've had great luck with when using Presta Compound. I noticed some slight scratches and not as good of a gloss with Mystic/ Ultra as opposed to Ultra/ Ultra. Maybe I did the test too late tonight. Will give it a more thorough test tomorrow.
Doug M ny country
Thanks
DLM

We used Presta Ultra Cutting Cream for a long time, it's a very good compound. The main problem I had with the Presta is the amount of lubricant tended to gloss over the scratches and hide them until the lubricant was removed then the finish would dull. We switched to Sure Finish several years ago and never looked back until Robert turned us on to Mystic Cut. When we started using Sure Finish we went from 1500 to 3000 grit Trizact and now we wet sand with our AirVantage sander. The Sure Finish works great but the Mystic Cut is faster and produces slightly better results using the same effort.

Henry
06-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Doug M ny country
Thanks
DLM

What kind of pads were you using? They can make all the difference.

I'll share something that happened to me while we're talking about pads.

I got some Sure Finish but was having good luck with Presta. Presta was only a pain because of having to use the 3 different products. Anyway, I did a colorsand and buff on a repaint for my buddy and decided to use Presta on one half of the car and Sure Finish on the other half. I ended up with a mess on the car with neither products working right.
What happened was by using the same wool and foam pads for BOTH brands, I guess the chemicals from one mixed with the chemicals from the other and I ended up with a mess.

I fixed it by washing sections at a time with Dawn for dishes, rinsed well, dried the surface and started again this time with dedicated pads for each product. Worked out great for both.

Henry

dlmrun2002
06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Went over with the Lake Country Orange foam and Presta Ultra Polish that helped a great deal. One of the problems was my white shirt reflecting against a shiney "Diamond Schwartz" BMW black creating artifacts that was throwing my eye. I will do the whole car over with Mystic and Presta once I finish paint on the front end. No more black cars for me. They will drive you crazy..
dlm