PDA

View Full Version : how to stop dirt nibs

foxy300
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
ok guys has anyone found a secret to geting dirt nibs out without having them make a dot, my latest project is a 72 newport hok white well when i wet sand the clear coat in some spots there will be little black dots not many maybe 4 or 5 on the whole car, i start with 1000 grit then step it up till 3000 trizic. i know painting in a garage you will have dirt and believe me i clean that place like you can operate in there but still get dirt but not bad, so i guess you will have some dirt roll up leaving dots , whats the best way to fix these thanks guys for any info

Len
04-11-2012, 09:52 PM
ok guys has anyone found a secret to geting dirt nibs out without having them make a dot, my latest project is a 72 newport hok white well when i wet sand the clear coat in some spots there will be little black dots not many maybe 4 or 5 on the whole car, i start with 1000 grit then step it up till 3000 trizic. i know painting in a garage you will have dirt and believe me i clean that place like you can operate in there but still get dirt but not bad, so i guess you will have some dirt roll up leaving dots , whats the best way to fix these thanks guys for any info

There is no magic here, if you have a light color like white and you get a dirt speck in it you're going to see it when it's sanded and polished. About the only thing you can do to make it less obvious is to use a little white paint to touch it up when you're finished polishing.